chapter 1

I think we are given a gift in life. Some people are given the gift to see ghosts. Some people are given the gift to sing, to dance, to do gymnastics and many more cool things that I couldn't even do. For me...my gift was given to me by my uncle.

I was 12 at this time, which meant that I started to develop a phase where I started to wear all black clothes and start dyeing my hair and start getting periods and start to argue with my mom or dad about my boyfriend (But I never had any)

I was in my house one day, laying on my bed, listening to some rock music, working on my studies so I can be able to graduate high school and then go to college so I can graduate there and become successful in life.

I was alone that day. My parents were at a dinner party with the family, probably getting drunk or dancing to really loud music and then maybe doing something they might regret.

I sighed and stopped writing and looked at the wall.

My room you could say was okay. White walls, some posters of artists, anime and some drawings and movies like Halsey, Fairy Tail, Panic At The Disco, The Conjuring,The Exorcism, some fan drawings of Black Butler or Game of Thrones and other stuff that fangirls like.

I put my textbook to the right side of me and went out the door and went downstairs to the kitchen so I could get something to snack on. I went in the freezer and got out a small bucket of vanilla ice cream and a spoon. I took a big chunk of the ice cream and ate it. I walked in the hallway before I stopped and looked at myself in the mirror and saw myself with a black tanktop and black shorts.

I was an okay girl as I would like to call it. I had long black hair that went down my back. I was pretty skinny to but not too skinny or not too fat. Just the perfect size. I had black eyes from both my mom's and dad's side. My mom would always say I'm beautiful but I wouldn't believe her. I would say I was a lazy bomb.

I sighed and went to the living room. I laid down on the couch and started watching the Ouija movie because it was actually not a bad movie.

I took a big chunk of my ice cream before I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the door, confused.

Their back already?

I put my ice cream down and walked over to the door. Once I opened it I saw two cops. I flinched.

"Are you Diana Draculina?"

One of them asked. He had his officer clothes on to prove to me that he was an actual cop. My hands felt shaky and I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Yes?..is there something wrong?"

I asked, worried. The officers looked at eachother, sad and then looked back at me.

"May we come inside?"

The other officer said, his voice low. I nodded and moved to the side so they can pass through. They walked inside, looking around my house. I closed the door and breathed, nervously, clutching my sweaty hands.

"So have you always been left here alone?"

One of the officers asked, staring at my family photos.

"Um ya. My mom and dad just went to a family party that kids weren't allowed at."

I said, my voice shaky. One of the officers stared at me.

"We were just riding back to our work when we found a car on fire. The couple did not make it, sadly. But when we checked the license plate...it lead us here."

I froze. I didn't know what to think of this. My parents...are dead?! Why? How?

I sat down on the couch, stunned.