ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 2

Irene returned to her room, her hand clutching the glass cup a bit tightly it almost shattered. Letting out a sigh, she downed the whole lemonade before placing the cup into the nearby desk. She reach inside the glass cup and took the slice of lemonade that the butler placed inside the drink before placing it between her lips, sucking it a little.

The strong taste of sour and bitterness quickly invade her senses, causing her to frown. However, as though she's punishing herself, Irene continue to suck on the piece of fruit full of bitterness and throw it back into the cup once it's dried up.

"Tsk...." Irene clicked her tongue. For some reason she could feel herself growing irritated. "It's been so long, how come the full moon still hasn't appeared till now?"

Just as she's about to go back to bed and start another game, Irene's phone which remained inactive for almost a decade made a *ping sound. The sound didn't last longer than 2 seconds yet it took Irene half a minute to react.

No one knows her phone number except one person.

Irene frowned, contemplating whether she should answer it or not. However, in the end she still picked up her phone which is buried under the pillow, and flipped it open.

Under the saved contact number of the ID named 'Reinhart', a one-sentenced message could be seen. Irene reads the text message, her golden eyes skimming into the screen for a few times before they widens in shock and disbelief. Her hands trembles, letting go of the phone. The small device crashes in the ground but Irene paid it no mind.

Instead, the message replayed in her mind again and again. The more she thought of it, the more reaction she's showing. Her blood boils in excitement and her golden eyes appeared to have a mixture of purple and red, glowing and shining in a fascinating way.

ID: Reinhart — "The sacrificial bride should be arriving soon."

"After so many years, after so many, many years!" Irene muttered under the influence of excitement. Her tone carried a dangerous madness as she laugh quietly, her room suddenly turning dark. All there is that could be seen is her eyes, which completely turned scarlet.

Soon after, crazy laughter filled the dark room.

"This time, I'll make sure to burn you into fine ashes."

..........

A young girl with a light blond hair step out of the limousine and goes inside, passing through the gate of the Sakamaki Manor with her luggage.

Yui Komori, a 17 years old human. She's been living with her father ever since her mother died, and her life could be described as average. However, not long after celebrating her 17th birthday, his father suddenly told her that he has some work to do abroad, then informing her that she's going back to Japan to live with the Sakamaki Family, whom she doesn't know.

Walking through the passage and passing through the fountain in front of the mansion, Yui paused in her steps. Drop of water suddenly fell, until it turns into drops before turning into a downpour of rain.

"It's raining" Yui look up before hurrying into the mansion. She opened the door and step in, pulling along her luggage. "Excuse me, is anyone home?"

Yui waited for a few seconds. There really is no one. Her eyes scanned the inside of the mansion, feeling a bit creeped out by the slight darkness that seems to embrace her.

"That's funny." Yui mumbled, hearing the door close her gripped on her luggage tightens. "Maybe they weren't told I was coming today." Saying that, Yui started walking through the red carpet. Her eyes focus on the light coming from the chandelier a few steps forwards, lighting the magnificent stairs the is split into two directions at the top.

She stop exactly in front of those said stairs, not knowing what to do. This mansion is too big, yet she has no one to guide her where to go. Feeling at loss of what to do, Yui completely stop walking around and just stood there.

She look left and found no one.

She look right and---oh, she found someone.

Seeing a person laying on the couch situated at the right side of the stairs, placed in front of the window, Yui's eyes showed a hint of relief. She didn't hesitate to approach, bringing along her luggage.

However, once she's already standing in front of the sleeping man, Yui hesitated. Should she wake him up? Seeing that the man is sleeping peacefully, Yui thought for a bit on what to do, and finally came to a decision that it's best to wake him up--- least she got into trouble by wandering around and being branded as a trespasser.

"Um, excuse me." Yui reach over to pat the young man's hand, but then she quickly retrieve it when she made contact. "You're cold!!"

Yui panicked. She only knew that a human's body would only turned cold when they're exposed to extreme cold place or worst, when someone's already dead. The temperature of the young man on the couch is abnormally cold—cold as though it's a corpse.

"Are you okay?!" Yui knelt and place her head against the chest of the young man, trying to listen whether this person still has any heartbeat left. However, her eyes soon widened. She waited for a few seconds.

One. Two.Three....Five...

Still, there is no signs of a beating heart that symbolize a living human.

"He has no pulse! Oh, no! I have to call an ambulance!" Yui said, raising her head up as she look at the young man's serene face in panic. Quickly pulling away, Yui search her luggage for her phone.

Unfortunately, she's only half-way in typing the emergency number when a hand snatch her phone away, causing Yui to flinch.

Her eyes widened, stunned, as she watch the young man who's 'temperature resembles a corpse' and 'has no pulse' suddenly moved, sitting up.

"Damn, you're noisy. This isn't your house, so be quiet." The young man said coldly, his green eyes glaring into Yui.

Yui trembled, "You...You're alive!"

The young man glance at Yui like he's looking at an idiot. "Why wouldn't I be alive? What do you think I am?" He asked, as though he's completely unaware of his abnormally cold body and lack of heartbeat.

Yui, of course, knew. That's she she leaned away with fear, staring at the young man in disbelief. "But oyur heart was stopped."

Realizing that something is wrong, Yui quickly stood up and was about to back away from this weird and strange person with no heartbeat when all of a sudden, the man who stole her phone away quickly grabbed her by the waist and harshly pinned her down the couch.

"What?!"

The young man smirk, his green eyes gleaming under the shadow created by his scarlet hair. "You already know the answer to that." He said with a cocky smile, leaning forward. "I'm about to take you."

Saying that, the young man placed his hand on Yui's shoulders assuring that she wouldn't move before he smirk. Without any pause he stick out his tongue and licked Yui's neck, making a wet line of saliva.

Yui flinch at the feeling, not liking it a bit as she tried to move her head away. However, that only made her neck visible, causing the young man's eyes to brighten at seeing her exposed neck.

Opening his mouth, he was about to bite her when all of a sudden, a cold voice spoke from the darkness.

"Ayato, what's all the commotion?"

--End of Chapter 2--