Chapter 2

"What a filthy liar." Yein muttered as she blew bubbles in the bathe she was currently in. "He told me that I was going to die, but here I am."

Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she remembered how the God of War picked her up without hesitation or difficulties and stripped her from the wedding gown that her village had put together for her. He then dropped her into the prepared bath that was milk colour with the scent of honey and cherry blossom petal dancing on the surface of the still water. Yein remembers screaming at the man who seemed to find her screaming music to his ears as he left the bathroom with a grin painted on his lips. She has never met such a cocky, annoying, cold bastard in her entire life.

"Lady Yein, I must say that you are indeed the prettiest lady out there." The servant that entered after the annoying god left. Jiwoo is her name- admired Yein's natural beauty. After all Yein had big eyes that were hooded and gave off an appearance that resembled a rabbit, her body was slim and flawless not a scratch despite the harsh living conditions she endured.

"I do not believe such words." She chuckled lightly, "I am merely a lady that was chosen to be a peace offering."

"Do not say such things! I can say for sure that the King has taken a great liking to you." Jiwoo smiled while Yein tilted her head in curiosity.

"Why do you say such a thing?"

"Well many beautiful women have been offered but Lord of Hell sends them back to the human world as he has no interest in flowers that have bloomed already and are ready to wither." Jiwoo combed Yein's dark raven locks as she carefully took each lock with a comb, taking away the knots and broken ends.

"Is that so?" Yein was taken aback by the new information.

She remembers distinctively the man commenting on her being a flower yet to bloom.

"Yes, in fact many gods and goddess don't accept offerings as they already have a significant other. They just send them back to the human world; I believe that Lord of Death was given an offering as a young man didn't want his wife to die however he sent the child back to the human world. After all his wife said she will save the woman."

"Who is the God of Death's wife?" Yein was interested to find out who or what this woman was to stop a God of death; they must be very strong and amazing, after all.

"The Goddess of life, Samshin." Jiwoo announced proudly which made Yein nod as she approved the couple.

She had to confess that Sujeong - the only God she was comfortable calling their first name- gave off a strong aura that would have been equal to the dark energy and thirst that the God of Death was emitting around him.

"How do the Gods know who is their significant other?"

"For centuries the Almighty one had stated for every force there is an equal yet opposing force that will counter attack each other and create balance in the world like how Ying opposes Yang." The servant explained while gently cleaning Yein's arms with care. "Therefore, he gave a special task to a particular Goddess who watches over all the gods and ensures that balance is kept among the kingdom of Heaven; the Goddess of Marriage is faced with this special mission. Luckily for her, Gods and Goddesses only fall in love once in their entire life. "

"That is a pretty tough task to be assigned to... is she not worried that she will make a mistake?" Yein was now engulfed in a fluffy towel as the water was dried off her petite body.

"Yes, but her significant other also has an important duty to play." Jiwoo smiled as she carefully guided Yein's arms through the silk cherry blossom patterned robe that felt cool to place on her but soon it began to feel warm on Yein's body.