Chapter 26

Barbara gave Alex one last wicked grin, before firing again right at him. Damn, does this girl not run out of bullets? This time, I didn't stop myself from whimpering. I was so close to Alex, too close. I saw as the individual bullets all passed by the front of my face, as if they've been taken in a slowed down version of a time-lapse video. 

Alex fired back two more shots at her, and one of them even took her by surprise! She almost fell, but was quick to go back on her knees as she did a triple back flip. But somehow, I felt that something was wrong. Alex didn't fire any more shots at her, and smoke was coming out of his gun non stop. Oh no... He couldn't had ran out of bullets, could he? 

I saw as he pulled the trigger once more, but nothing came out. No bullets, no loud noises, nothing. Just smoke beaming out from it. I watch his face, searching for a sign as to what he was feeling.Non, nothing. It was as if he had just ran out of candy, like it didn't even matter to him. I turned my head to look at Barbara, wanting to know if she had caught on what was happening. 

And it looks like she did. A wicked smile grew on her face, as she pointed the gun at Alex's forehead. Though something was off about her. Something about her behavior just set me off. She did a cartwheel and aimed a few bullets at Alex, but he dodge all of them by taking shelter  behind  a pole opposite of me. 

But something had caught my eye. As Barbara did the cartwheel just now, I noticed how her skirt inched up her thigh ever so slightly, and something flashed and glistened under the light. Come to think of it, she would unconsciously graze over her thigh whenever she had landed from doing something acrobatic for a while. 

I kept my eyes glued on her. Suspicious and also curious as to what she was hiding. Something that reflects light? It couldn't be gold, as who would hide a golden chain in the insides of their thighs? Maybe its silver? Something shiny and flashy...

A loud thud  brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up and noticed that Alex had pushed Barbara off from him and sent her knocking onto a nearby wall. Yes! Score one for Alex. 

Barbara shook her body a little and began to stand up once again. This time though, its not going to end well. She charged right at Alex, going on to hit him with her gun. Alex , just side stepped her which looked like the easiest thing possible to do during a fight. 

I have to give it to her though, she isn't one to give up easily. Alex used his gun to knock on the back of her head, but in turn she aims to kick him in where the sun doesn't shine. But Alex being Alex, had his way of guessing what she was going to do. He grabbed onto her leg and delivered a punch to her lower abdomen, causing her to stumble back a little. 

You know those movies where Jackie Chan would come out and do like hand-to-hand martial art combat with the enemy? Well, this looked like something just out from the movie. After regaining her balance, she stood back up and did a cartwheel, while using her gun as a weapon to get a few kicks onto Alex. 

And that's when I got a good look at what she was hiding. A knife. No, it's not those big knifes used in kitchens , but more like a dagger of some sort. Its short, but sharp and deadly. I bet you could kill a person by just stabbing them once with it. She had it in a strap which was strapped around her thigh. That's why she kept on touching it, cause she was scared that it might slip out from all that spinning that she was doing. 

I have to warn Alex about this. This is definitely not good. 

I keep my eyes glued onto them, watching them like a hawk. Barbara has her back faced towards me, so its now or never I guess. I begin to stand up, slowly but gradually, as I held onto the pole for support. My body is shaking from the fear, but I have got to do this. Damn, if only this handbag wasn't such a disturbance. 

Their currently fighting hand to hand now, one on one. From the looks of it, Alex still has the upper hand. Although he ran out of bullets, he still used his gun in helping him to attack. He uses the back of his gun to land a hit on the side of Barbara's face, just as she lands a kick towards him. But his chest is basically made out of stone, so it shouldn't hurt, right?

I manage to stand up, eventually. But stop in my tracks just as I made the first step. 

I don't know how she did it, or what did she do. But Barbara managed to kick the gun out from Alex's hand by doing a triple cartwheel. Oh no.. this will not have a pretty ending. 

Alex clenches his fists and sent a few punches towards her body. She dodges all of them easily, and giving a kick towards Alex's torso. Though in return, she received a punch towards her lower jaw and loud cracking sound. 

She stumbled backwards on her feet, while holding onto her jaw. I guess Alex had broken her jaw while hitting her. Yes! Another score for Alex. She stood back up after a couple of seconds, holding onto her jaw. From the looks of it, it looks pretty serious since she also busted open her bottom lip. 

I used this as my opportunity to inch closer towards them. I was now hiding behind a bench that was knocked over during the fight just now. There's a few bullet holes lodge in it, but it will have to do to shield be from her than being in the open field. 

This girl is not some everyday, normal citizen, that's for sure. Alex lands a few more punches and kicks towards her face and body, aiming at her face to hurt her even more. But Barbara still has a loaded gun. And Alex, well, he has nothing. 

I scramble back behind the bench just as soon as soon as I heard gunshots and another loud thud. Oh no, that could only mean one thing... I poke my head out and immediately gasped in horror at what I saw. I could feel the tears beginning to pool around my eyes. No, Valentina. Don't cry. 

Somehow, Barbara had managed to push Alex off his feet and caused him to lose his balance and fall to the floor. She stood in between him, one hand on her thigh and the other on the gun. Which I might add, is placed right in between his forehead. 

A victorious smile graces her face, as she looks at the struggling Alex beneath her. She has one of her leg on top of him, pinning him down and disabling his movement. Alex reaches his hand down to grab onto her leg, but she moves the gun lower towards his head. 

"Touch me and I'll shoot you." she warns, obviously not joking. Alex immediately stops and obeys her, but not before giving her a death glare. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Look at this. Alexander Blake Black. One of the biggest, most successful CEO of all time. The most dangerous mafia of them all, the mafia king of kings. Under my feet, under the mercy of me." 

Wait. Mafia? What does she mean? 

Alex clenches his teeth and growls, a very low, deep , masculine growl as he glares at her. " You lunatic bitch.I should've killed you and your father the day you were born!" 

Oh no, this surely will not end well if I do not interrupt. I crouch up into a small ball, and tuck my legs in. I have to do something, but what? I look around but all the shops have had their doors closed and innocent citizens are cowering away in fear inside of them. Even if I did go banging on them, I would just be drawing attention towards me.Since, I don't think anyone would want to open their doors and welcome the person who caused this mess in the first place. 

Wow. This handbag really is starting to get annoying now. It's big and its bulky, how am I supposed to run without it making any noise? Wait.. HANDBAG! That's it! Why didn't I think of this earlier? 

Hurriedly, I open up my handbag and sure enough, the gun from earlier was in there. For one second, I had never been so relieved to have found a gun in my entire life. Normally, I'd be cowering away in fear because of it, but now, I could cry tears of joy. 

I shook the gun and felt the weight of it in between my palms. It's heavy, heavier than a piece of metal should.  That must mean that it's full. Okay.. how did Alex said that I should take the safety off again? 

I pulled on a little notch thingy on the side of the gun. A click sound erupted and I guess that that was the safety on the gun. Alright.. The safety is now off . That meant... One wrong click and the gun will take away a life. One wrong move, a slight pressure, and boom. Someone dies. 

Well. Its now or never I guess.