Chapter 34

I was having an internal battle with myself. All this thinking was giving me a migraine. My heartbeat increased a little at all these possibilities. Stop, Valentina. Stop. Damn, so much thinking, so early in the morning. And I haven't even had breakfast yet!

I fiddled with the ends of my shirt as all these thoughts and possibilities swarmed my mind. I looked down at the shirt I'm wearing. The shirt is big and baggy, and a dark, black color. This wasn't one of my shirts, that's for sure. I don't remember changing my shirt yesterday. Hell, I was too tired to even move. The last thing I remembered was meeting a girl, who I believe is Zayden's girlfriend. She helped me to patch up my injury. Then I dozed off to sleep.

Who had carried me back up into my room? More importantly, who had helped me change into clean clothes?

I traced my hands down under the duvet. The blanket felt so nice and warm against my skin. Someone had even volunteered to tuck me into bed, seeing that the duvet had reached my chest once I woke up this morning. I moved my knees a little and could feel a slight tinge of pain coming from my injury. I wonder how did Emma patch me up?

I felt something cool against my palm as I ran my hand up the duvet, though I just ignored it. It was probably caused by the air conditioning.

I pulled away the blanket and duvet to get a look at my leg. But being shocked was an understatement of what I was feeling. A high pitched scream  left my mouth as my eyes landed on the red, sticky substance that had stained the bed.

Blood was soaked up by the bed sheets which were once a light grey color. The bed was covered in blood and so was the duvet. I immediately jumped out of bed, checking to see where the blood came from. I looked down towards my body, noticing that I was wearing a pair of black shorts.

Once I did, I saw blood staining my body starting from below my waist. Blood trickled down my thighs and onto my knee. The cotton wool had turned a slight red color, indicating that it had soaked up blood. I pressed my palm against the fabric of my shorts and felt it. Yup, just like I guessed, wet and cold.

"Shit" I cursed, noticing that a lot of blood had covered the bed.

I looked at the alarm clock on my night stand. It comes with the ability to check the date and day of the year. 12/3/2019. Great, my period had came 10 days earlier than what I had expected.

I looked down towards the bed and sighed. I had to clean this up before Alex noticed. He won't be too fond finding out that blood had stained his bed. And period blood at that to make it worst.

I glanced at the clock once more. 9.30 a.m. Majority of the people in this house should be awake by now. And if they weren't, then my previous shout should've at least alerted them. 

I ran into the bathroom and grabbed a towel from one of the shelves. I didn't cared that it was white. At least a towel cost less than a duvet. 

I ran the towel under some warm tap water, trying to be as quick as possible. I knocked a few bottles of hair shampoo and conditioner that was in the way.  I made another new mess in the bathroom but I didn't care. I could pick it up later. 

I ran back out into the bedroom. Using the wet towel, I pressed it onto the bed sheet. The white towel soon was stained red, but that didn't help clear the stain at all . Looking down, I just realized that this method wouldn't work at all. Although the color of the blood had faded a little, half of the bed was now covered in blood. The towel soaked up most  of the blood, but it also smudged it all around. 

My grip on the towel tighten. I felt so frustrated. First I was bombarded with all these thoughts about Alex being in the mafia, now I'm dealing with this. Wonder what happens next?  Maybe I get shot between the eyes and die?