Chapter 3: The Devil Has Red Hair

Valerie woke up the next morning to the sunlight hitting her face. She sat up in the bed and glared at the open blinds on the window. Then she sighed. Well it's no use trying to go back to sleep. She stretched her arms out and walked into the bathroom. There were some things she could use. She took the complementary toothbrush and brushed her teeth. She combed through her straight brown hair, which was starting to turn wavy again. She put my hair into a pony tail and walked downstairs. She found the guys in the kitchen already dressed. The only one that was missing was Dalton.

Will was the first to notice her. “Morning, Valerie.” He said.

“Morning,” she said.

“Want breakfast?”

At that moment, her stomach grumbled. She hardly ate anything yesterday except for those chocolate muffins at Starbucks and the popcorn. “Yeah, I’m starving,” she admitted.

Will patted the empty seat next to his. She took it and he put a plate of food in front of her. She dug in immediately.

“GOOD MORNING, MY LOVELY DOLPHINS!” Dalton yelled while running into the kitchen.

“Koalas are still better,” Cole said, but Dalton ignored him.

He sat in a chair in front of Valerie and he spun in it. “What’s for breakfast? I’m STARVING!”

“Bat shaped pancakes,” Gabe grinned. He took a bat shaped pancake and bit into it.

“Sometimes I think you’re obsession with Batman is borderline creepy,” Cole said.

Gabe shrugged and kept eating.

“Anyway,” Dalton turned to Valerie. “Guess where we’re going?”

“I don’t know,” Valerie said.

“Since you don’t have any clothes with you right now, we’re taking you shopping.” Cole said and put his arm around Dalton.

Valerie shrugged. “Okay.”

“Once you’re dressed, we’ll go.”

“Let me borrow your eyeliner.” she said to Dalton.

“As long as I can put it on you again.” He smiled.

She raised an eyebrow at him. “I can do it myself. I have hands.” she waved my hands around. With that said she took one last bite of her pancakes and went upstairs. She got into my clothes from yesterday and put her hair down. She walked out into the hallway. Suddenly, she was grabbed and lifted. “What the…”

“WE GOTTA GO!” Dalton and Cole exclaimed together. "WHETHER YOU LIKE THIS TOWN OR NOT."

Valerie rolled her eyes and smiled at the use of a line from Bigcitydreams by Never Shout Never. “Can I at least borrow your eyeliner?” she asked.

“In the car.” Dalton said.

She was carried downstairs and put into the SUV they were in yesterday. Cole sat up front in the passenger’s seat next to the driver while she and Dalton were in the back. She buckled up her seat belt. Dalton pulled his eyeliner pencil out of his pocket. He handed it over to Valerie and let her use his phone as a mirror. After she put it on, she handed it back to him.

It was a short drive to the mall. Once the three were inside, they walked around before going into some stores. Dalton and Cole both picked out things for Valerie to try on.

“Don’t I get to choose anything?” I asked.

“In a bit,” Cole waved her off.

Valerie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Minutes later, she was flung into a dressing room with a bunch of clothes. The clothes that they picked out were really cute and seemed to be her style. She looked at the pants sizes. She was a three, so if it said that, it would fit. There were a few that were different sizes because some clothes lines use sizes differently. All of the pants fit except for three pairs, which were all too small. She had some layered tops, tanks with designs, tight fitting casual shirts, some cardigans, jackets, and whatnot. “Everything fits!” she yelled out to them.