Chapter 5

After a couple of days Elena called me.

"Hey. I was wondering if you and I could meet up. I'd like for you to start designing my wedding dress." She said.

"Of course. When should we meet?" I asked.

"Well I'm free today. Are you?" She asked.

"Yeah I am. We can meet at around 2 P.M." I told her.

"Sure. Bye." She said.

"Bye."

..............................

So at 2 P.M. I was waiting for her to come. I had everything prepared for designing her dress. All I needed was for her to come.

There was a knock on my door, and then Joanna and Elena came in.

"Hi." Elena said coming to hug me.

"Hi." I said hugging her back. "Please, sit down. Would you like something to drink?" I asked.

"Well, a coffee would be nice." She said.

"Joanna, bring three coffees." I told her.

"Why three?" Joanna asked me.

"Well you will be sitting with us. You know I need your help with this." I explained.

"Oh, right. I will be right back." She said and went out.

"So, what's up. How are the preparations for the wedding going?" I ask.

"Everything is going great. We are still choosing the venue. The decorations have been ordered. Hopefully it will all be ready by the time the wedding comes. How are things going with you. Are you still busy with work, or maybe there's someone else keeping you occupied?" She asked with a smile.

I just rolled my eyes. "If there is one thing I am occupied it's my work. Bo one special in my life. And I intend to keep it that way." I told her.

"Okay. Didn't mean to insult you. But you do need to find someone. You don't wanna grow old alone, right?" She asked.

"Well right now it seems like the best option." I told her. That's how I felt. After my high school love, I never imtend to love someone again. Especially when that love doesn't leave my mind.

Suddenly the door opened and Joanna came in carrying a tray with three cups of coffee.

"Here I am girls." She says putting the tray on the table. "Okay, when should we start?" She asks me.

"Well we can start right away." I say. "Describe what kind of a dress you would want." I told her.

She spent a couple of minutes describing the dress. In the end I finished a drawing of it.

"Is it something like this?" I asked showing her the drawing

"It's exactly like that. Thank you. We need to figure out when we will design the bridesmaids dresses." She says.

"Yeah, sure. Whenever you are free, I can clear my schedule for you." I tell her.

"Oh you are so sweet. Thank you. I'll figure it out with the other girls." She says.

"Okay. Let me take your measures." I say.

After measuring her we said our goodbyes and she left. I went back to designing the dresses for the fashion show. After 8 P.M. I went home.

I turned on the television, and there were the news. I started switching the channel, but I saw a familiar face. It was Tracy Lodge. She was the queen bee of our school. The news said that she is a world famous model now. It was no wonder to hear that. She was always naturally beautiful and had a perfect body.

She reminded me of that night. The night I lost the most important thing, the most important person. Just because I wasn't as beautiful as her. Because I didn't have long blonde hair and those captivating blue eyes. Instead I had the boring brown haired color, don't get me wrong, brown hair is beautiful, but not on me. I also had brown eyes.

After losing that person, I can't find anyone as good as him. No matter how hard I try.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I wiped my eyes to hide the tears that almost rolled down my cheeks and opened the door. It was the delivery man.

"Good evening, Miss. I have a delivery for you. Can you please sign here." He said giving me a paper to sign.

"Yeah sure." I said taking the paper and signing it. He took the paper and left.

I walked inside and opened the box. Inside there was a book, a jewelry box and a letter. I took the letter.

"Hi Eve, it's me, Lisa. Yes you read it right, Lisa. James' sister. He gave me his old apartment. While cleaning I found this book and this necklace. I knew it belongs to you. Since I heard that you are now in New York, I thought you need to have this. Don't worry, I didn't tell James you are here. And I don't have the intention to. I don't know how you will feel about these things I sent you, but I know that if James sees it he will be very hurt. I am truly sorry if this disturbes you, but I didn't have the heart to destroy something that's valuable to my brother. I hope I can meet with you if you are ever free. I heard how good your job is going. Good luck with it. See you."

I couldn't believe this. It was one of my favorite books that by chance ended up with James. After that we broke up. The book was "The Sun Is Also A Star". I opened the jewelry box, and inside I found a locket. When I opened it, there was a picture of me and him hugging. We looked so happy back then.

I couldn't stop the tears that started falling down my cheeks. When I opened the book I found another picture. It was me and him holding hands. On his hand was written 'only hers' and on mine 'only his'. I put the picture back inside the book, and everything Lisa sent me, I put in a drawer.

I got ready for bed, knowing that this will be another night I cry myself to sleep.