Cold As Ice

"What if we just run into that warehouse head on," Cisco said. They had been trying to think of the best way to handle this for the past half hour. 

Iris sighed and rolled her eyes. "That's a great idea if you plan on getting hurt, or worse."

"Have you got any better ideas?" Cisco asked. Everyone sat again in silence for a minute wracking their brains. 

"Wait," Iris said coming to a realization. "That could work."

"What? Hitting them head on?" Joe asked.

"No not all of us," Iris said. "Just me."

"What?" Wally said shocked.

"Uh uh. Remember what he did to you last time? What he did to Cecile?" Joe said.

"She's right," Harry said. "She's the only one who can get through to him. We do that, we can save him. We distract him long enough for Caitlin to get out, and us to get in and grab him."

"Huh," Cisco said. "That could actually work."

"Ok, but let's say we do get him," Joe said trying to put things into perspective. "How do we put his memories back into him?"

"I think I figured out a way," Harry said. He picked something up off of the table behind him and held it up. Cisco seemed to be the only one who understood what this was.

"You want to hypothetically transfer his memories back to his mind?" Cisco said.

"Yes. You see, that's how Brainiac's powers work. She targets a particular brain substrate, like long term memories for example, and pulls them from the conscious mind, leaving a gap," Harry said. 

"A hole," Iris said. "And he's acting this way because he's trying to fill it."

"That makes so much more sense," Joe said with a sigh of relief.

"There's only one flaw in your plan," Cisco said. "How the hell are we going to get him here?"

"That's where Ms. West comes in," Harry said looking at Iris. "She goes in long enough to distract him, and Caitlin can subdue him long enough for you to breach him back here."

It took a minute for it to sink in, but once it did, everyone was on board. 

"Wally and I will stay back here waiting for Barry," Joe said. 

"Alright," Iris said. "Harry you're on coms." He nodded. No use in him trying to argue. 

"Cisco when we get there, you need to fill in Caitlin," Iris said. 

"No problem," Cisco replied. He opened a breach and they hopped through it. 

They arrived out behind the warehouse. It was late afternoon and the sun was just beginning to set. Iris walked around to the front and stood in front of the doors. 

"Here goes nothing," she said. She opened it up and walked inside. When she was inside, she found a very surprised Barry and Caitlin. She swallowed her fear and slowly began to approach them. Quietly from the back, she could see Cisco running up to Caitlin. He grabbed her shoulder and pulled her aside, filling her in. Barry didn't notice. He was to caught up in the sight of Iris. 

He sped right up to her face. She jumped for a moment, but then calmed down. "How did you find me?" he asked circling her.

"I remembered the smell of salt water, and then it was only a matter of time before I figured it out," she answered.

"You shouldn't have come," he said. "I know you think you got through to me, the old Barry, but you didn't. All you did was make me realize that I was weak. You made me see that I had to eliminate that part of me."

Iris just stood there, unsure of what to say. She saw Caitlin walking back to rejoin Barry now. That gave her some relief. 

"So imagine my surprise when I went back to that apartment, to find someone had already been there," he said into her ear, standing right behind her. He looked up at Caitlin and smiled, walking to her side. 

"It was foolish for you to come alone," he said. 

"Who says I'm alone?" Iris said with some confidence. She expected to see the worry on his face, but he only laughed. 

"I wasn't talking to you," he said pointing at her. He super sped to the back of the warehouse and brought Cisco over. "Join the party," he said. "Actually, don't." Then he knocked him out with one swift punch. 

Iris gave Caitlin a look, and she knew what she had to do. The only problem was, she didn't know how Iris would react. For what she was about to do, was going to bring up some old emotions she buried a long time ago. But it didn't matter. She had to help save him.

She gave Iris a nod, and then let Killer Frost come to the surface. She placed her hand on Barry's shoulder and turned him around. 

"No fair," she said. "Why do you get to always have the fun?" Then she placed her hands on his head and pulled him in for a kiss. But not just any kiss. Each time Killer Frost kisses someone, she ends up freezing them. After a minute, Barry was blue and he fell to the ground. Caitlin pulled back and let Caitlin take over.

She looked at Iris who was looking between Barry and Caitlin. "I'm sorry," Caitlin said.

"Don't be," Iris replied. "There was no other way."

----------------------

Back at Star Labs, everyone was gathered in the med bay. Barry was strapped down to the bed with a power dampening cuff on his ankle. 

"How do we wake him up?" Wally asked. 

"With this," Caitlin said walking up next to him with a syringe. 

"What is that?" Iris asked, but Caitlin had already injected him with it.

"It's epinephrine which should theoretically jump-start his brain and wake him up," Caitlin said. She looked at some of the confused stairs around the room. "It's adrenaline," she said.

A few seconds later, a very blue, frozen Barry began to vibrate trying to warm himself up. Once awake, he tried to get up. Only he couldn't.

"What is this?" Barry asked beginning to panic. He couldn't break free of the restraints. He tried to phase out but couldn't because of the dampener. Everyone watched him struggle for a moment. Once he realized he couldn't and calmed down, Caitlin jumped back into action. She hooked him up to the heart monitor. He tried to shrug it off, but then let her hook him up.

He could see Iris, Joe, and Wally watching him with hope in their eyes. He still didn't understand what was happening. Caitlin, Cisco, and Harry were running back and forth doing god know what.

"Ok, you guys ready?" Caitlin said holding up a syringe.