Don't Run

It's Thursday, and honestly I have a feeling I'm going to giddy for a few hours after school. Mainly because Abs said she was going to finally reveal what play we would be doing. 

She said that she would hand out the scripts and role sheets today and the audition sign up sheets tomorrow so that we have the weekend to look it over. 

Any play I'm fine with, since it's drama in general, but I really hope it's a musical. Musicals are cool.

I doubt they'll let us do a musical like Heathers, Waitress, or Dear Evan Hansen or any ones like that.  Maybe like a Junior of a Disney or Pixar film, y'know, school appropriate shit.  I mean, last year we did do Brave Junior, I think that was already mentioned before but I'm saying it again to prove my point.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was Tangled, Mulan, or something along those lines. I honestly can't really think of any more because I'm currently trying to stay awake while waiting with the rest of the group at our table in the cafeteria. It's still morning, and I spent the entire night watching some weird shit Lakyn sent the group chat.

It took about ten minutes to finish watching it, but the video really made me question some real shit. I spent the entire night trying to fucking wrap my head around it, and I ended up getting a headache at around four in the morning.

Like, the video was explaining how the English alphabet is fucking stupid, why we grow up with either implanted racist and discriminatory mindsets, why school is useless for the most part, and questioning why people from different parts of America have different accents when we all stem from the UK and why we don't have British accents.

There was also a stupid bit of the video where Opportunity was brought up, but that lead to something else.

"Man, you look like, seriously hungover." Lakyn looked over at me, a bead roll in her hand.

"It's your fault, so thanks for the questioning liquor you gave me last night when you sent that goddamn cursed video." I mumbled, pointing a lazy finger at her while resting my head on the table.

"You'll get over it, just as long as you don't start thinking pop tarts are fucking raviolis." She gave a nonchalant hand gesture before taking a bite of bread.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head to face Lor, who I assume called for my attention since she was looking at me.

"Blaeden, I don't think you should run today if you're tired. You should try to rest, I don't want you to overwork yourself." She suggested, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Nah, I'll be fine. I can just sleep during classes." I shrugged.

"That's not any better, but if you say so." The reluctance was very evident in her voice as she turned back to her book.

I swear Lor reads like a fucking android or some shit because it hasn't even been a full twenty-four hours and she's already near the halfway point in that thick ass book. 

Jeezuz fuck.

"How far into that are you, anyway?" I asked, lifting my head up a little and looking at the pages she had open.

"Not as far as I'd hoped." Wow.

"And what do you mean by that?"

"It means that I hoped I'd be farther into Inkheart than where I currently am." She glanced up from the page to look at me before looking back down again.

"And where did you hope to be?"

"At least over halfway through.  I'm behind." She sighed.

Holy fuck that's a lot of harsh self pressure for being behind in reading.