VII

.

.

.

C H A P T E R S E V E N

.

roger's point of view

I put my head up and laid my eyes across my hand which was still interlocked with someone's. I yawned as I looked around, and saw I was in a room with four white walls. where the hell am I? I thought to myself.

My ears then perked up to a beeping noise. I looked over to see a heart monitor machine. I then returned my gaze to the person lying on the bed, whom of which I had my hand interlocked with. Olivia.

Olivia!

But she wasn't awake yet. I sighed and caressed my thumb over the top of her hand and leaned back into my chair, doing some deep thinking until I heard the all familiar voice of Freddie Mercury waltzing down the hall, coming closer and closer to the room.

"Where is she?!" He asked, as I heard some muffled voices after him telling him to be quiet. I don't exactly know who told him or how he got here, but he either had company or it was the nurses telling him to be quiet. I prepared myself.

"Oh my god, goodness gracious is she okay?! Move it Roger." He said with sadness and fear evident in his voice. Seeing as I had to move and let go of her hand for his royal highness over here, I walked over to the other chair on the other side of Olivia and grabbed her other hand, intertwining my fingers with hers and pressing little kisses to her knuckles.

"And good morning to you too, Freddie..."

"Morning Rog, sorry about that. What on earth happened?"

"Keeping it on the down-low, but was abused by Thomas, the little bastard. Permanently injured hip and permanent crack on the knee cap, no walking deformities for life though, thank god."

"Jesus, I'm gonna kill that little fucker."

"Language Fred... Morning Rog, how are you this morning?" John asked as he strolled into the room.

"Alright." I replied as he came and stood next to me. "How are you, John? Coping okay hm?" I asked him, looking up at him as he studies Olivia's figure and her current state.

"Alright, couldn't sleep most of the morning, especially in that waiting room, and especially with Brian in there too! Jesus he doesn't shut it with his snoring..."

"Hm? Who said my name? Morning Rog, Fred"

"Hey Bri." Fred and I replied at the same time as he came into the room.

A few moments of comfortable silence passed until John spoke up.

"Went to the nurses station this morning; said she should be awake by lunchtime. They changed her drips again after we left this morning, dunno if you noticed Rog...They said they'd be in to change her drips again and to check her stats so they can do a pre-assessment before she wakes up. Other than that, nothing is really supposed to happen. But Rog, you look awfully pale, have you eaten or drunk anything since before your cigarette last night when we brought her in? Hm?"

"Nah, haven't had anything since lunch yesterda-"

"WHAT?!" All three boys replied without me even finishing my sentence.

"I order you go and eat something, and once I've seen you eat, I think we should all go home, you three get freshened up and then I dunno about you guys but I'll come back in later and stay for a while, sound okay?"

"Yeah yeah mate, nice thinking. Rog we'll go get you something to eat then we'll go home okay?" Brian said, genuinely talking to me.

"No."

"Excuse me? Rog, you'll be eating and that's the end of story."

"I don't care, I'll go down and get something but I'm not leaving this hospital until I'm walking out with her."

Freddie looked at both John and Bri, clearly confused, seeing as he didn't know about my long awaited developing feelings for the angel sitting before us, but Bri and John understood.

"Fine, let's go now then before it gets busy." John said, getting up with Brian and Freddie in tow.

"Bye my angel." I whispered to Olivia, who was still in her coma, as I kissed her forehead before walking out of the room and catching up to the other three.

We walked in comfortable silence until we got to the cafe, Freddie bidding us farewell saying he'll see us this afternoon. John pulled my wallet out of his pocket to give to me as I stood reading what they had on offer, making me highly confused.

"Left it in the waiting room, silly. We'll be off, we'll see you soon okay?"

"Yep, cya then." I said to them as they walked off while I focused my attention back to the wraps sitting in the little cabinet. I had already decided I would give myself 45 minutes to eat, have a drink and go to the bathroom to freshen up before going back up to Olivia's room.

After half an hour and having eaten and had a tea, I got up to go to the bathroom to freshen up. After that, I went to the designated smoking area outside they had outside the hospital, not far from the cafe.

After having two fags, I walked in, finding the stairs and walking up to level three and along the hallways to the end of the hospital Olivia lay. I was sipping my bottle of water as I turned the corner into her room, putting the lid on when I heard someone say my name. I looked up and dropped the bottle of water, thankfully with the lid screwed on.

She had her eyes open, and was repeating my name as I stood there, staring at her and my mind being lost.

"Roger." She said through a hoarse voice.

I walked over to her bed and eagerly but very carefully found her in my arms, finally, as I hugged her for a solid two minutes not letting go. I placed a warm and loving kiss on her forehead while she blushed slightly. I sat down and held her hand in mine as she said with a tear escaping her eye,

"I wanted it to be you when I woke up Rog. I just wanted you to be here."