Chapter 3

Eli’s POV

Kiss him? Levi wants me to kiss him? Why? Sure, he’s been acting sketchy with me lately, but that means nothing, right? He’s my younger brother. So, it can’t mean anything. 

But asking me to kiss him? That’s over the line in brotherhood. It could be for a good reason, though. Like if he wants to know how to do it so he can get a girlfriend, or something. I waited until I actually got a girlfriend and we kissed. It wasn’t even hard to do, either. So why does Levi want to kiss me? 

Levi still asked you to kiss him! Just do it already. The voice in the back of my head groans in excitement. 

What? What am I thinking? I’m not like that. No, no way and how. 

“Why?” I ask and finish up eating my fruit snacks. 

“Well,” Levi tenses up and sits up straighter with a dark pink – almost red – blush written across his face. 

Why is Levi blushing? He might just be embarrassed. Nothing is wrong with being embarrassed, right? Besides, he can’t have feelings for me. We’re brothers, he’s the youngest, and I’m the oldest. I have to be more mature then. Therefore, I shouldn’t kiss him, right? I didn’t start this conflict, but I can’t end it; as in, not go any further with this idea with Levi. 

“If I ever have a girlfriend is something or something,” Levi continues. “I want to be able to know how to do it, so I wouldn’t mess up.” He insists. 

I stare at him blankly. Does he really want to go through with this plan? It wouldn’t be good. What id mom or dad walks through the door and sees? Or worse, what if Levi and I become distant? There’s too many risks to think about. 

Just do it already! You know you want to kiss those perfect lips of his. The voice sings. 

I shouldn’t. I have to be mature, right? I don’t want to do anything drastic that could destroy everything. I shouldn’t let this happen. 

“Okay, but only this one, alright?” I blush brightly and toss my wrapper in the garbage can. 

I get Goosebumps crawling in my skin. My stomach feels like its eating itself. My heart is beating as fast as a NASCAR driving in a race. This is insane. We – brothers – are going to kiss. 

Levi’s cheeks lush dark red. His eyes light up. “R-really? E-eli you d-don’t have t-to.” 

Wow, his stuttering is adorable. The voice sounds like its melting. 

What was that? I didn’t think of that. Besides, I’m not like that. I don’t like guys, or my brother. 

“Levi, don’t worry. Its fine.” I smile and pick Levi up and set him on my lap. 

Levi shrieks and drops the water bottle on the side of him. I look over to check if its closed, it is. Thank goodness, because that wouldn’t have been good; having water all over the place. 

“Well, um, where should I put my hands?” Levi asks nervously, while biting the bottom lip on the end of his sentence. 

“Around my neck, of course.” I chuckle as I place my hands gently on his waist. 

Levi slowly and carefully sets his arms around my neck. I can feel him shaking. Is he really this nervous or scared? But, why? Its only a simple kiss, right? No harm from it, he shouldn’t be so scared about this. 

But I am his brother. 

“Ready?” I whisper and pull Levi closer to my body. 

He nods and slightly closes his eyes as he glances at my lips. I feel the butterfly grow in my stomach. I’m really going to do this. I’m going to kiss my little brother. This doesn’t mean anything between us, just a kiss. 

While leaning closer to him, I take one last look at his lips before closing my eyes. I lean forward a little bit more, and finally feel his lips brushed against mine. 

I want more. 

I pull him even closer to me, so we finally locked lips together. My stomach is twisted, my head is light, my heart is beating faster than before – that’s pretty fast. I’m kissing my own brother, and I like it. 

Levi tightens his grip on my hair and moves his lips along the same motion as mine. After a few seconds, he licks my bottom lip for an entrance to my mouth. 

Levi must like this, too. 

I quickly open my mouth and let him do whatever he wants. This is for him, anyway. But I like it SO much. Both of our tongues smash together, causing us to pretty much make out. 

Its amazing. I haven’t felt like this with any other girl before. Its so different. So GOOD. I want more from Levi. 

What has gotten into me? I like kissing my own brother. That’s not normal. Its weird. Stupid. Disgusting. I cant do this. I shouldn’t do this. I need to stop this right now. 

Sadly, I pull away from the kiss Levi and I were sharing and stared at him speechless, amazed. I cant pick out the right words of what to say to him. I don’t want to hurt his feelings or anything. Well, I probably did by pulling away from him. But it was for our own good. We cant get attached like how couples do. 

Levi’s face is as bright as cherry. He looks so cute, looking all embarrassed – wait, don’t think about that stuff. I cant think about it. 

“L-Levi, I’m sorry I did that…”

“It was amazing!” Levi whispers and smiles a little. 

So he did like it.

I know that I’m probably red tomato. Who can blame me? I kissed Levi –my younger brother by almost two years – for however long and I liked it. 

How can I face reality knowing that I did this horrible thing?