Chapter Twenty Five

By the time Declan was back on the plane heading to California, it was 8 pm in New York. Clarisa and he had been in her room longer than they had anticipated. With a five-hour flight back home, they were definitely missing the scheduled rehearsal dinner. Luckily, with the time different, they'd be back at home at a reasonable hour – if you considered nearly midnight to be reasonable.

Alicia, however, had assured them that it would be alright. Derek had called Alicia while they were in the car, to let her know they were on their way back and that the entire Knight family would be joining them. Alicia was ecstatic about this new development. From the cheering and yelling that Declan could here in the background, it appeared that the rest of the family was just as thrilled as well.

'It's been nothing short of a circus since I came back home' Declan thought, 'What's a few more days with a few more clowns?' He laughed at his own joke silently, fully aware of the bodily harm that would be inflicted on him should these thoughts ever be voiced out. He was perfectly content to be in one piece and in a position to function.

He had a multi-billion-dollar business to run after all. Speaking of business, he really needed to check in with his assistants. The drama that had surrounded him for the past few weeks had him neglecting his work.

Now with the decision to permanently move to California, he had a lot more work to do.

Quickly glancing at his watch, despite knowing just how late it was, Declan said a silent prayer hoping that his assistants wouldn't quit on him for working them like donkeys so late at night.

Deciding that he needed to some privacy to do his work, Declan excused himself from his seat in the now crowded main area of the jet and made his way to the mini office he had set up, to call his assistants. Two hours later, he had laid out his plans and his assistants had set the ball rolling. 'I need to give these two big, fat raises soon' Declan made a mental note, before setting his laptop aside and making his way back to the main cabin where all his guests continued to sit.

Clarisa raised her head from where she sat, surrounded by her family and quickly waved Declan over. Declan gave his siblings nervous smiles as he passed them on his way to Clarisa. His sadistic siblings returned his gesture with mischievous smiles of their own.

This was going to be a 'meet the parents' situation like no other, and they simply couldn't wait to see how it played out.

Clarisa pulled Declan into the seat next to her as soon as he reached her. Someone must have given the girl massive amounts of sugar because she couldn't stop bouncing around.

"I know you met my parents while you waited for me, but I wants to formally introduce you to my family. This way, you can never claim otherwise." Clarisa stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

Declan rolled his eyes.

Ignoring him, she continued. "This is my num, Ariana, and this is my dad, Lucas," she said pointing to the respective parent as she introduced them.

"Over there are my brothers. They're not that important, and don't nearly care enough to remember their manners when being introduced. So, we can ignore them for now." Everyone else laughed at this comment, as the three brothers threw pillows at her.

"Hey, Grey. How'd the report go over?"

"A+, baby!" Both boys laughed.

"What report?" Clarisa looked between Declan and her oldest brother suspiciously.

"Your brother needed internship credits for his strategy course. Your dad didn't want nepotism to ruin your brother's internship experience. So, he referred your brother to me. He's the best intern I've ever had on my strategy team," Declan told her.