The Bridge law

Am sorry for the late update.. I hope am forgiven 😉😉

Hey guys I know some of you are not that familiar with some Nigerian pidgin.
But do Remember that

Don - has/have
Na - is
Wey -that
Dey - is/was/are
Wan - want to

*************
Previously on "hidden in the public"

"What was that for? Why would you take me away from-" a strong fist hit my head and that was all I could remember before everywhere went blank and black.
and I saw myself drowning into an ocean of no water.
**********

The ocean seems deep but I couldn't tell whether I was drowning or flying all I knew was that I wasn't on land.
I struggled to keep afloat but it was hopeless, I tried using my hands to bait the wind but then a drop of water hit my face.
I struggled to look up to see the source of the drop when a splash hit me directly at my eye.

Immediately I was withdrawn from the ocean and back to life under the bridge. I opened my eyes wider to see Obi holding a sachet water that was when I realized that he had woken me up

Again.

"Why. always. water?" I questioned wiping off the sprinkles off water on my face in anger.

"Coz you sleep too deep and you were fighting with the air, take this and eat" he said handling me a small sized agege bread with akara (bean cake) causing my stomach began to sing hymns of happiness and Thanksgiving.

I collected it with you and munched on it heavily.

Well the combo taste heavenly

"So your police guy Don wake up?" I heard some one say as I looked up to see the guy that dragged me earlier approaching us.

That was when I recalled everything that happened but I was too busy munching to reply. The tall built dark skinned guy took a seat beside us on our sleeping carton. He has this strong thick voice that made it so obvious that he drinks - probably too much for his age.

It was late already and everyone was resuming their sleeping position, people still selling their wares, buses driving like nothing happened this morning.

"You really need to teach this guy"the guy talked again to Obi.

"He is new here, he'd learn" obi answered unsure of himself.

"Learn what?" I finally had the strength to talk as I asked obi who just looked at me and shook his head. Slowly and steadily I turned to the other side to meet the guy's red eye.

"Weytin you dey think sef? (what were you thinking?) You wan submit yourself give police abi?" This time Obi asked me.

It was my turn to shook my head

"They were going to help me, police is our friend and they could help me get my family members and friends and I could probably leave this shit hole" I said taking another bite from my food but they bursted out in laughter making me wonder what the hell was funny.

"This one na JJC, oboy you be complete learner!!" Obi exclaimed still laughing hard that he was hitting his stomach and rolling on the ground.

"I swear you be the real definition of mumu ( i swear you are the real definition of foolishness)" the other guy added
After what seems like a long time they stopped laughing and started chuckling softly..

"See ehn, that thing wey you talk na complete scam, nobody is your friend for Lagos bridge ooooo" Obi adviced but I looked confused. I was done with the bread and akara so I collected the other sachet of water from Obi to drink.