Aki and Paw Paw

Yay over 200 views..😁😁😁 thanks people y'all deserve some pizza and ice cream Geniuses
✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

"Mummy that would be #200 only" i said energetically as I dropped the last of the wares outside the woman's shop in a street whose name I can't still remember.

"Ahah I thought we agreed on #100 na" she said in a friendly manner and I knew she was trying to whine me. Little did she know that she met the master of whiners.

"No ma, that load plenty ooo. Am supposed to even collect #300 but because you are a good woman that was why I carried it for #200. Ah see all these packets of biscuits, milk and even plastic drinks. Haba na" I said trying to convince her and she nodded.

"Okay I'll give you that amount" she said smiling as she dug her hand into her purse thereby plastering a huge smile on my face.

"Thank you very much ma" I said as I gave her my best smile. From her looks I couldn't tell what tribe she was from and her white top and blue jeans did not justice to that. The only thing I could detect was that she is a woman probably in her early thirties selling different sorts of provision in a big shop.

"But wait your English looks good, why ain't you in school? And where are your parents?" She asked while her hand was still buried inside her purse.

Oh oh

"Ummmm they are no more ma" I replied without emotion. Gone are those days when I cry after been asked questions about my family or life. This world already taught me how to live a life without a parent.

"Oh am so sorry dear" she said with an apologetic face like she was at fault that my parent died.

"Am used to it already" I replied with a grin on my face as she brought out her money to sort for my own share.

"Here, dear" she said stretching a #1000 note to me " use that to eat and you can always come to me if you are feeling hungry. I also have a feeling you are a good boy just take care of yourself and do yourself no harm"

Wait! Did someone just say that to me? Am I hallucinating or what? When last exactly did someone offered me help? This must be a silly joke. I mean ONE THOUSAND FREAKING NAIRA!!!! who does that to a Haggard like me?

"Thank you very much ma" I regained my sense as I collected The money she was stretching to me.  " Thank you very much ma, you will not lack, you will not grow hungry, your children shall have more than enough in their life. You shall not_"

"Oto (it is enough) Amen and Amen" she said stopping me.
"Bisi! Bisi!!" She shouted if her tiny voice could be registered as a shout and a young girl who I presume to be her worker came out just in time.

"Welcome ma! Am sorry I was doing something inside ma" The young fat girl explained and immediately started to pack the stuffs inside the shop for arrangements.

"I think I'd be leaving ma" I announced and turned to leave.

"Be a good boy ooo" she informed me.

"Oo ma" I replied and flew into the street bursting from happiness.

At least I can buy a different delicacy apart from the usual bread and akara or beans. With joy feeling my heart, I ran to the restaurant in the street where our sleeping stall was located.

"How much beans and bread?" The rude waitress asked me without even giving me a chance to talk. It's such a bad thing when the waitress already know you to a particular dish.

"Am not buying bread" I said frowning at her while she simply smiled. Am sure she thinks am joking.

"Enough of your joke Thomas, just tell me the amount of beans I should sell, I have other customers to attend to" she replied firmly to my amusement I mean, we've been in this street for only a week and they already knew my name and my best food.