Chapter 1|The Meeting

My giggle pierces through the air. Followed by the matured laugh of my older sister. My auburn hair flies behind me, mixing with the wind, as the burn and ache of my muscles continue to build as I push myself further and further until the near point of exhaustion. I come to stop, and collapse down by the big oak tree that my great-grandparents planted when they brought the pack land. I try to get my breathing under control as I strain my hearing to figure out where my sister is. I take a big breath through my nose, searching for her scent. My amber eyes scan the surrounding forest, pinpointing my sister. I stand up and walk to the opposite direction she is in. I shut my eyes and open a door in my mind. This door leads to emotions, I travel through my mind and summoned all the fiery-hot rage I can, making my eyes turn white. In the time of a millisecond, I used my wolf speed and quietness to run and catch my obvious sister.

"Hey, we promised no wolf powers!" She exclaims.

"Well, in real life situations, we would have to use every advantage we have even if it means cheating." I say.

"Who told you that?" Phoebe asks.

"Dad told me." I clarify. My mind wonders to when Dad told me.

"Paisley, I want to tell you something." Daddy says. "Yes Daddy?" I ask in return. "I want you to know that when you are faced with any challenge, you need to overcome it, because if you don't then you will be stuck in a certain part of your life until you finally build up the courage to overcome this obstacle but by then it will be too late. You need to use any advantage you can to win, fight or survive. Even if it means cheating, but not on a test, never on a test, okay pickle."

I nod at Daddy, understanding. "No cheating on tests." I repeat. My Dad's laugh lights up the room. As his mouth twitches the stubble around his mouth seems longer under the glowing of happiness radiating from his relaxed face.

When we get back to the pack house, me and my sister keep our eyes trained on the ground, looking around for any feet that could be in our way. Walking into the kitchen we sniff the air to see who is present. The Alpha. Synchronised, we get on our knees, like we practiced. Our heads tilted, to show our necks in total submission. A growl makes us tremble. Suddenly I'm pushed out of the way with incredible force. My body flies across the kitchen and my head smashes into the kitchen cupboard. My eye sight goes black for a split second and then the throbbing in my head invades my brain. I groan in pain and then a rush of wind whooshes past and then I'm pushed against the wall with a hand squeezing my neck, cutting of my breathing.

"Did I say you can make a sound, bitch?" He questions. But I don't make a sound. "Good girl, your learning." He lets me go and I fall to the floor gasping for breath; gasping for my life. Alpha stalks out the house and my sister runs to me, franticly checking me over for anymore injuries.

"I'm fine," I manage to gasp out.

"Your obviously not!" Phoebe exclaims. She picks me up with her wolf strength and carries me upstairs. I wince at white spots enter my vision. I manage to gasp out 'sick' before i barf all over her. But just before I do puke, my sister drops in front of a toilet and i empty the contents of my stomach into the loo. As i retch my sister is rubbing my back and holding my hair, like my mother use to when we were little.

Minutes later, I'm still sat on my knees, retching. My tears run down my face, making my skin dry. I slowly stand up and hold my stomach in worry of being sick again. Being sick is one of the wort feelings ever. The taste f it stuck in the back of your throat even though you have brushed your teeth a million times. The feeling of it coming up your throat burning everything it touches. And lastly the feeling of the tears running down your face because you can't breath.