The Way You Said "I Love You" #2

With a hoarse voice, under the blankets (Reggie Rowe X Reader)

A/N: Okay so I haven't really written anything for Reggie before so I hope that this little drabble turns out okay. I'm especially nervous because I've gotten a couple requests for Reggie x Reader story but this will be one of my first attempts. There is also a certain plot point that I touched on that is complete speculation or a "headcannon" if you will.

You could already hear the dry throbbing coughs as you made your way through the familiar living room space. You lugged the groceries that you had bought before heading over to the Rowe residence and dropped them on the kitchen counter. Looking around you noticed that the house was in absolute chaos; you would have to do something about that later.

Right now, your focus was on the man in the other room. Delsin wasn't wrong when he called you this morning; Reggie was indeed sick. What's worse is that you knew Reggie well enough to know that he would plan on going to work today; despite being sick. You weren't about to let that happen.

Approaching quietly, you knocked on his bedroom door and hesitated as you listened for any sort of acknowledgement. That acknowledgement came in the form of a round of hoarse coughs and a low groan that sounded vaguely like, "Come in..."

You opened the door and saw Reggie seated on his bed nearly doubled over in another fit of painful coughs. You gingerly walked toward him, placing your hand on his shoulder rubbing soft circles there trying to offer some comfort. A moment passed, before his coughing stopped, "Reggie—"

He looked up at you and the glossy sheen in his eyes told you just how sick he was. "What are you doing here, Y/N?"

You knew he didn't intend it to come off as harsh it was whatever illness that he was fighting that was embittering his voice. "I'm here because you've been acting off this past few days and then this morning Delsin told me that you were sick."

Reggie let out another dry cough, "Oh..."

You sighed as you took in his appearance His uniform was a little disheveled, misbuttoned in a few places. "Yeah, oh... Reggie there's no way you're going to work today, you're sick."

The man before you rose to his feet and nearly fell forward but you were there to catch him. "Y/N, I'm the Sheriff I have to go. Salmon Bay—"

You cut him off quickly, "Reggie, Salmon Bay will be fine but you need to rest or you're only going to get worse."

"I told you I'm fine. It's just a cough, Y/N."

"Oh, is it?"

Reggie was still leaning on you slightly as you raised your hand to cup his forehead and he seemed to lean into your cool touch. You tried to ignore how that simply action had your heart rate quickening. "Reg, you're burning up! That's it you are not leaving this house."

"I'm fine, Y/N. Where's Delsin by the way? And why aren't you at work?"

You couldn't help but stifle a laugh, "Okay first, it's my day off. As for Delsin, well... Betty needed some extra help at the cannery so I asked him to help her out."

A wry laugh escaped Reggie's lips. "You asked him? What did you promise him?"

You continued to grin, "He asked me if I could drive him down to Seattle next week."

"What for?"

"I'm not sure but don't worry about it. I will drive him down there and stay in Seattle until he's ready to go home. I'll look out for him don't worry, Reggie." You turned on your heel and headed back out toward the kitchen, "Oh... and don't bother trying to sneak out. Delsin already called the Sheriff's Department and spoke to your Deputy Micah; he's going to take over for you today."