Fairy Boy: Hero of Time

I step out of the tunnel of the Forest. The only place in this apparently huge world I know. Where everything I know and love is.

  It's not easy knowing that that forest would dissolve if I don't do this.

  Mido finally let me through. But he absolutely hates me. It's obvious. He always had. I have no idea why. He claims it's cause Saria and The Great Deku liked me more, even though he's the head Kokori.  But now he thinks I killed the Great Deku Tree. Nayru knows I didn't. It was that Gohma thing. I had to show him the Kokori's emerald, that started all this mess. 

  I guess I had never been in the lost woods before. At least not on the bridge. Looks like Navi hasn't, either. She has the same look on her face that I feel. I hear a few footsteps behind us. I turn quickly around.

  "So, I guess you're leaving?" It's Saria. I've never seen her so sad. She holds her hands behind her back. I stay quiet. If I open my mouth, I'll cry, and that's not what heroes do. "I'm really gonna miss you, Link." She hold out her hands, which have her Fairy Ocarina. "I want you to have this. I choke back tears. She forces it in my hands. "This song reminds me of us." She plays her ocarina (She has two!?!?!)

  "▿▹◃,▿▹◃"

   Everyone looks at me expectantly. Oh, I was supposed to repeat that? I echo the song to Saria. She smiles. 

  "You'll come visit me . . . Won't you?" A few tears roll down her cheeks. I nod. I will. If nothing happens. "Then . . . Then be careful . . . " She looks away. I can't take much more of this. I turn swiftly around and run out of the Lost Woods, away from Saria. Away from Mido. Away from The Great Deku Tree. Away from everything I know and love and dart into the cold unknown.

  Into my destiny.