Chapters 1 & 2

Chapter 1 - Break up

Late into the evening, Ursa sits there with the glow of her laptop alit against her face. Sipping her tea that has now gone cold, she enjoys the strong spicy chai flavor, inhaling its fragrance. Scrolling her mouse a few more lengths down the page, she licks her lips and leans in further towards the screen.

The romance story that Ursa found on the magic net forums is getting intense. Harold is about to give Sophia what she has wanted ever since they first started dating—to be a vampire like him. Ursa sucks in her breath as her eyes dart to read the next line, knowing that Sophia is about to receive that eternal kiss on the neck, when a message window pops open in the middle of the screen.

The flashing message breaks Ursa's concentration and pulls her back to reality. She blinks, pushes back from the desk, and rubs her eyes. The message continues to flash on the screen right in the middle of the super-hot and steamy text of the story.

Ursa snorts, wishing that she wasn't interrupted by her friend Naomi, for Sophia is finally about to get her deepest wish granted. With a sigh Ursa decides that the story can wait, and she look at what her friend wrote.

The message asks: Ursa, u seen this?

Ursa replies: ?

Dots dance on the screen as Naomi writes back: This string of forum threads. They seem rather odd & these people seem 2 b talking about u & your sisters. Take a look if u have a moment!

The link to the thread was included in the message. Curious, Ursa clicks on it and starts reading, trying to decipher the passage of text she comes upon.

Alpha: Those meddling sisters. They will pay for what they did!!

Gator: Quit your whining. Our revenge will soon be attained. Patience, patience!!

Cujo: Vampires rule! Wooo~~~~

Alpha: Quiet u fool!!!

Scratching her head, Ursa backs out of the thread and scans down further. She finds another that mentions the sisters' cafe.

Alpha: That vile cafe will burn!!

Cujo: Which 1? O.O''

Gator: U know the 1, brother, u know the very 1

Cujo: ~sigh . . . -__-'' Wish our Lady was still w/us

Alpha: Quiet u. We r stronger w/out her. At last the Brethren can rise 2 glory & overthrow those overstuffed shirts that run the Order of Magic

Ursa gasps as she reads that last line then continues to read the conversation.

Gator: TRUE was weak. U know it. Our Brethren is stronger

Cujo: How can we b so sure?

Alpha: Because we have more powerful creatures behind us & we have a plan!!!

Cujo: Oh, like getting rid of those nosy sisters?

Alpha: Yes!!!

Cujo: Wait—which sisters?

Alpha: Imbecile

Gator: U know whom we speak of

Cujo: Uhhh =_=' NOT ringing a bell here????

Alpha: . . .

Gator: . . .

Cujo: Hmmm—Oh . . . !!