{jjk} captivated (1) [f]

requested - no
au - idol
warnings - no
a/n - there's so much i wanted to add but i didn't want it to be all waffle ;-;

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

you entered the large arena, scanning the stage and seats for the audience. tomorrow would be the billboard music awards, for which you would performing at for a second time due to winning female artist.

it had been one of the biggest achievements of your career, and you were excited to sing your new single for your fans and other accomplished artists.

you spoke to your manager, annabelle, on the sidelines about the arrangements for the show and she decided you should practise a few songs to get a feel for the space.

donning some grey joggers, a black t-shirt and white air forces, you got in position as the music played. producing and performing was everything to you. it provided an escape from reality, the moment you had the mic and the bass played through the speaker, it transported you.

putting a good amount of energy into dancing and singing, you finished an hour later, sweaty and out of breath.

"alright, that's good (y/n)!" the redhead called above the music, signalling to the sound tech to stop.

throwing your arms out to the side, you spun on the spot. "(y/n)! stop it before you're sick!" your manager chastised.

"let me be sick then woman!" you retorted, going faster.

"mendes!" flopping on the floor lifelessly, you beckoned the brunette, "come carry me moose." he wasn't that much taller than you to be truthful, but he was stronger, and you used that to your advantage every time you were together, which was often.

letting out a laugh, the younger came to you, lifting your body into his arms.

"shawn," you gasped dramatically. your left hand came up and touched his face, a far away look in your (e/c) eyes, "is that you, shawn? i can see the light..." trailing off you let your whole body go limp.

"sometimes i wonder how you're the oldest." he carried you down the stage and towards the entrance of the large building. hearing a group of people talking in the wide corridor, you debated whether you should present yourself as a professional artist, but you remained flaccid anyways, too comfortable to move.

turning the corner, your manager and the rest on your crew overtook shawn and exited, leaving you two there with the unknown party.