Chapter 4 - Ratchets Questions The Truth

Laney sat outside and watched Ratchet pull up, he saw the others getting in and on their guardians, and together drove off from the school.

Laney sighed sitting in the seat and fiddled with her hair, eyes focused on nothing while looking out the window.

Ratchet wanted to make her feel welcome and happy but didn't know what to do, he figured if he spoke he'd make things worse.

"Ratchet?" Her voice called.

"Yes Laney?" He asked.

"When you look at me what do you see?" Laney asked looking at the wheel.

"Well I've only known you for a couple days but your bright and careful, quiet, friendly, you've managed to tame Miko a bit" he joked.

"Heheheh thanks Ratchet, But in a way do you see a hideous lifeless freak? Or someone who still has a life to live like she did before?" She asked.

"I'd say your not hideous your very beautiful, and you've got your whole life ahead of you still" Ratchet spoke calmly.

"Hm....thank you" Laney smiled slightly looking back out the window.

(Base)

Laney was busy drawing randomly, Miko watching her trying to learn new things, Raf and Jack were working on looking for pictures of the bots.

Laney has received a guardian like the others and was blessed to have the Prime himself she thanked him many times until Miko stopped her.

'Beep'

Laney looked at her phone to see her friend texting her, she opened it and smiled happy to talk to them.

'Hey girl how ya been? What you been doing?' Kelly texted.

'Been good, could be better but I'm ok, and I've been watched by some weird people, they've been following me' Laney texted.

"Stalker much lol' Kelly said.

'You can say that again, I met a bunch of new people and now we're all friends' Laney said with a smile.

'THATS AWESOME LANEY IM HAPPY FOR YOU!!' Kelly wrote clearly over joyed.

'Hahahaha thank you Kelly, hbu and Dan?' Laney asked.

'Dan won't shut up about missing you, and I don't blame him but seriously I'm about to kill him, and I'm doing ok, we have a couple tests coming up' Kelly said.

'Fun' Laney Joked.

'Not' Kelly said.

Optimus walked over and Laney had to send a goodbye text and she looked up at the Prime waiting for him to speak.

The Prime looked to Laney then the others and back to her, lowering his helm down a bit he spoke softly.

"Are you alright Laney?" He asked.

"Oh yes I'm fine thank you, just texting my friends" Laney said.

"As long as your doing alright, if you need anything just tell me" Optimus said.

"I will Optimus thank you very much" Laney smiled sweetly at the Prime.

"Laney! Let's play a fighting game" Miko called.

"A game?......ya ok sure" Laney walked over sitting beside the hyper girl.

(Hour later)

Laney had won twenty rounds of a shooting game while Miko only won five, now moving to a racing game she challenged Jack to it.