Chapter 1: Night Shift

Its a slow night at Kuja's city hospital, 19 year old Notion Miller sits in the corner of a hospital room watching over his 11 month old daughter who is in critical condition. A nurse he knew simply as “Anne" walks into the room, “I got you some water" she hands it to him and joins his side, “She’s a fighter, she’s holding on and she WILL get through this remember that Notion" Notion takes a sip of water, his hands shaking “Yeah she really strong...” He grips his plastic cup tightly causing it to bend and the water to fall onto the hospital floor. “Get some rest, shell be right here for you in the morning” “I'm all she’s got you know...She’s all I’ve got...” Notion crushes the plastic cup with his balled fist. “Take a rest Mr. Miller, Ill see you tomorrow"

As Notion starts his vehicle he  receives a message , the text reads: Pickup now. He texts back “On my way" then begins backing out of his carpark. He was on his way to a drug meet, a kilo of pure cocaine they said, but who knows what was really in it. Hed met with them a handful of times and had formed a trust both with the dealers and his customers whom would blow up his second phone with texts regularly. As he neared the projects where they were located he was sure to have his handgun on him as these places were known to have altercations and murders every night. He counted his cash twice and tucked it into the inside of his jacket, then he hopped out of his vehicle and climbed the building stairs. As he climbed them he passed many floors ridden with rotten and broken walls as well as blaring music. On the 4th floor is where he stopped, he knocked and shortly it was answered by a man with dreadlocks, “Yo whatsup Miller, come in". Notion stepped inside and removed his Jacket, “I'm here for a Ki this time” “Shit you got enough already? Allister’s in the living room.” Notion walked into the living room and saw Allister’s back as he finished up a phone call. “Notion! What’s good my man? Take a seat.” Notion brushed some cigarette butts of the ripped couch and sat down. Allister reached into his duffel bag , Notion noticed a mac Uzi resting on the table, as well as a lit spliff the size of a candy bar and scales and empty baggies. Once the coke checked out Notion reached into his jacket and handed over the bundles of cash. “Mind if I use some baggies?” he asked semi reaching for them “Sure" Allister replied counting the money. Notion measure out 7 grams of coke for the people who had messaged him today, he pocketed the baggies and Put the Ki in his backpack. “I gotta bounce bro, see you later this week" Allister waved his hand “All good man stay safe.”

His first customer was some junkie named Emma who was after 5 grams, conveniently enough it turned out she was at a motel close to where he was going to next . It took him 15 minutes to drive there when he knocked on her door she was ecstatic he smelled alcohol on her breath and she tried kissing his cheek but he pulled away. He took her cash and handed her the coke. He had places to be, there was no time to be fooling around with a whore.