False Truths Part Sixteen

The familiar smell of your family home brought the nostalgia back, all the memories, and just for a split second, you felt comforted. One. Split. Second.
"Who was it, Maria?" You heard your fathers voice, and your eyes flickered to Roger, who's jaw was tense. You knew very well that Rog was only here for your benefit - he well and truly disliked, maybe even hated your parents for throwing you out all those months ago.
Your fathers expression turned stony when he saw you, and downright furious when he saw Roger.
"Did I not tell you to never bring him here again, Y/N? But I guess you two are together again. How long before he cheats again this time, huh?" His voice was harsh, and the only time you'd heard him speak like this was the last time you two spoke.
"He didn't cheat, Dad... it was a misunderstanding." You said weakly, feeling extremely uncomfortable, four people and a baby cramped into the hallway.
He huffed.
Your sister appeared suddenly, a large grin on her face when she saw you.
"Why don't we sit down?" She questioned. "I'll make some tea."
"We aren't finished dinner yet." Your mother spoke in a clipped tone. "Maybe it would be best if you two came back another time."
"Three." You said hoarsely. "Are you just going to pretend that my child isn't here?"
Her eyes flickered. "I don't see how your baby has anything to do with it Y/N. It's caused enough trouble as it is. Quite frankly, I'm surprised you didn't get it adopted. I didn't think that you two would be able to get it together enough to look after a child." Her words weren't proud, but harsh, and you wanted to break down and cry right there.
Roger seemed to sense that, and coughed a little.
"Her. Not it." He said, an undertone of annoyance. "Mary. Partly after you, actually, Mrs Y/L/N." It was true, that and Mary, who'd been an unfailing friend to you all this time.
Your mothers gaze flickered for just a second.
"That doesn't put you in our good books, and don't think it will, Roger." Your fathers voice was spiteful, saying  Rogers name almost mockingly.
You laced your fingers through Rogers, to find them trembling a little, most probably in anger.
You prayed that he wouldn't lose his temper. Things were bad enough as it was.
"Tea's ready!" Your little sisters voice was chipper, from the other room, and your parents sighed a little.
"Let's go sit down." Your father said gruffly, and you gently picked up your daughter, following after them, leaving the carriage in the hall, and exchanging a frustrated look with Rog.