Chapter 6-Recovery

Izuku's eyes slowly fluttered open as he started to regain consciousness. The bright lights in the room blinded him momentarily and all he could feel was pain. There was pain everywhere in his body, the most notable ones being in his arms, his left leg and the disgusting tightneing in his chest that burns every time he inhales. Unlike the first two pains the later was more familiar than he would like to admit. It is a pain he feels almost every day and it is a pain he despises. For Izuku the pain in his chest is proof of his inability to be strong. It is asign of weakness he is incapable of hiding no matter how hard he tries.

"Oh you're awake, you know you gave us quite the scare." The new voice chimed in finally bringing Izuku's attention away from the pain and into his surroundings. He looked towards the voice and sees a small old woman with gray hair pulled into a bun that was held up by a syringe. She wore a hero dress that was covered by a doctors coat and her eyes were covered by a pink and purple visor. Recovery girl he noted.

Despite being aware he was being spoken to Izuku could not form any words, his mind was still to fogged up from what he assumed to be medication. Looking around he realised that he was not in a hospital he was actually in a school infirmary. Finally adding things up in his head Izuku managed to ask "I am in UA aren't I?"

"Yes you are" the old woman answered looking at Izuku with a kind look in her eyes " you're a very smart boy."

"Thank you" Izuku said softly distracted by his thoughts. He was unbelievably tired. Not that it was very suprising, as a weak child Izuku never really have very much energy to begin with and now he had just woken up after a very stressful experience. The USJ had put so much stress on his already weak body and with the gunshots he received he must have lost alot of blood. Then a tought came to his mind and he turned to recovery girl and asked " how long have I been asleep?"

Smiling kindly she answered "the attack happened yesterday, so you have been asleep for around 24 hours." Standing up she walked towards the bed and placed her hand on Izuku's forehead, seemingly unsatisfied she asked " you still have a high fever, is this normal for you?"

"Unfortunately" Izuku replied shifting his gaze to the celling. Understanding what Izuku left unsaid she gives him a sympathetic look and continues to check his wounds. After finishing she says " tomorrow some people will come ask you some questions so today I will treat you some more and give you painkillers to ease the pain, make sure to sleep well so you feel better tomorrow."

True to her words she kissed him on the forehead and went to get medication in the cabinet next to her desk. Izuku could have refused to take the medication she was offering she was a hero and he was a villain afterall. However Recovery girl is not only a hero she is a doctor first and foremost and Izuku trusted her to treat any patient fairly even if they were a villain. After taking the medication it did not take long before Izuku fell into a deep sleep.

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed the chapter today. Not a lot happened during this chapter but I really wanted to have a deeper look into Izuku's mind. I was originaly planning on making this chapter longer but I thought that if I put it in then the next chapter would be very small, which wouldn't be ideal. I have a very busy schedule this semester so it will probably take a few months before I post again. Please be patient with me and see you later. Thank you and have a nice day!