The Letters

Dear Emily,

I'm sorry, but I must inform you that I'm moving. Don't try looking for me because you won't find where I am. Just know that I will always remember you. I don't want to move, but it is getting too dangerous for me to stay. Please remember me and I hope I will get to see you again. However I will continue to write.

With Love,

-V

Dear Emily,

I continue to write to you but I have no way of knowing if you get the letters that I send. I know your father wasn't fond of me. I think about you a lot more than I'd like to admit. Maybe one day I can see you again.

With Love,

-V

Dear Emily,

Life is getting busy. I'm doing well and managing on my own. After all, that's what I have to do in order to survive. People are becoming more aware of people like me. I have yet to meet anyone else like me though, but I know they are out there somewhere. I'm going to start searching. I'll write again when I get the chance.

With Love,

-V

Dear Emily,

I met an old man who told me he saw people like me. Of course I didn't tell him exactly what I was but it somehow got into the conversation. He thinks that it was his guardian angel looking out for him. He described the person to be about his age and the guy had wings. I don't know what to think of it. Maybe I did meet people who are like me and I just don't know about it.

With Love,

-V

Dear V,

I have received all of your letters. I just haven't gotten a chance to respond. I tried writing to you earlier but Father found out and ripped it up. Like you said, he didn't really like you that much. I am becoming older and I have three children, who are precious to my heart. I hope you find what you are searching for but only time will tell. I have been thinking about you a lot and I hope I can see you again. This town is not as lively with you gone. I know how dangerous it's been getting. People in town have talked about hunting them down and Robert is slowly gaining more followers each day. One day he will come after people like you. I only wish and pray you stay hidden and safe.

Love,

-Emily

Dear Emily,

If you haven't noticed already I sent the letter back. I can not afford to keep it as it might put you in danger. The town that I'm in is under attack by these people you speak of. I might return to you shortly as it is too dangerous to be here any longer. After all, I haven't seen you in fifteen years and I miss you

With Love,

-V

"what do you think of it?" Roman asked. The person in question sighed.

"I think you are foolish to bring these to school," Came Logan's reply.

"But you will help me find out who 'V' was right?" Roman asked him. Logan sighed. "Please? Since you are my friend."

"I fail to see how me being your friend makes me want to help you," Logan straightened his glasses.

"Oh come on," Roman whined. "I know you are just as curious about it as I am."

"Fine, I must admit it intrigues me," Logan admitted.

"what does?" Logan and Roman turned around.

"Greetings Patton. We did not see you there," Logan remarked.

"We were discussing some letters I found," Roman told their friend.

"Oh, Can I see?" Patton asked. Roman nodded and let him read the letters. "This is so cool," Patton exclaimed after reading the letters. Roman nodded.

"It is isn't it? These letters belonged to my great grandmother," Roman told them.

"Why don't you know anything about the 'V' person?" Patton asked.

"I don't know. I recently found the letters and my mom told me that she didn't hear any stories about who this person was," Roman looked at Logan. "Any ideas?"

"What I want to know," Logan told them, "is what does it mean when 'V' says he can't find any people like him. I assume that it means he's different somehow, but the only thing is to figure out how different he was."

"Like a vampire?"

"Roman, you should know that those don't exist," Logan rolled his eyes.

"What about guardian angels?" Patton asked.

"Guardian angels don't exist either," Logan told him.

"But wouldn't that be cool?" Roman looked at his friends. "If my great grandmother had a guardian angel."

"Are there more letters?" Patton asked. Roman shrugged.

"These are the only ones I saw, but I don't know for sure."

"If it is alright with your mother I-uh...we will come over and help you look," Logan told Roman.

"I don't think she'll mind. She's working late today so she won't be home until after I go to bed."

"Satisfactory. I'll see you again after school." Logan walked off.

"Do you think it could be a guardian angel?" Roman asked Patton once Logan was out of sight.

Patton shrugged. "It's possible isn't it?" He also walked off to get to class. Roman put the letters in his backpack and ran to his locker. He couldn't afford being late...again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School went by slower than Roman wanted it to. He was jumpy and excited all day. Not to mention several of his teachers had to tell him to calm down. When the final bell of the day finally rang Roman jumped out of his seat. He ran to the door and turned to his classmates.

"Fair well, good citizens," He called out. Roman chuckled as he caught a glimpse of his teacher smiling while shaking her head. He turned and rushed out the door.

"Logan! Logan!" The dramatic boy called out.

Someone chuckled and nudged Logan's shoulder. "Looks like you're wanted." He laughed. Logan rolled his eyes. They could hear Roman's voice from the other end of the school grounds. "Well, Good luck and I'll see you." He walked off leaving Logan alone.

"Thanks," The nerd mumbled under his breath.

Roman saw him and came running. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," Logan sighed.

"Where's Patton?" The dramatic student asked his friend. Logan shrugged.

"I suggest we find him if we want to-"

"Hey guys," Roman smiled and Logan turned around. Patton was walking up to them.

"We were just going to look for you," Roman told him. "We wanted to discuss the letters some more."

"Well, We better do it now than-"

"Don't you dare-"

"letter." Logan groaned.

"We mystery before it gets to late." Roman told them. Patton giggled; Logan groaned again.