There for me

Barry's pov
It's been a week since patty's death and I haven't got out of my apartment. Kara came over a lot. She has been thier for me since she first got here. Patty's funeral passed. I haven't been saving people as the flash because I knew supergirl would. That gave me a chance to have a break. I haven't gone to catco either. I'm pretty sure I'll be fired soon due to the fact I was suppose to go 2 days ago. I don't know why I decided to work as an assistant instead of going back to work with the police as a csi. A knock on the door woke me up from my daydream. I go open the door to see Kara.

" hey Barry, I brought some food!" Kara comes in with a bright smile. Her smile always makes me smile.

"Hey Kara, you didn't have to"

" I know, but I wanted too" she says sitting down.

"Thank you. For all of this. For being thier for me at a tough time" I say while sitting down next to her

"No problem, look, my sister is hosting a game night tonight. It's her, her girlfriend and me. I would love to have someone on my team, would you mind being my partner?" Kara says staring into my eyes

"Kara, I appreciate it, but I don't think I'm in the right mind space for that"

" come on! It will be fun, it will distract you from your problems! Please, for me" Kara says

"okay fine, I'll go. But only for you" I smile

"Anyways, I should be going. Don't want ms.grant getting mad at me. See you later!" Kara saysing while heading to the door.

"See ya" I say waving bye

Kara's pov

Couple hours later, I head home to my apartment, I start setting game night night. Getting food and drinks. Setting the music. Untill there's a knock on the door, I open it to see Alex and maggie.

"Hey Alex and Maggie!" I invite them to come in

"Let's get this party started!" Alex says sitting on the couch

"Actually we are waiting for one more person! I hope you guys don't mind be inviting my friend barry!" Kara says joining them sitting on the couch

"That's perfectly fine!" Alex says

A knock on the door startled me

"I got it this time" Alex says heading to towards the door and opening it

"Hey, Barry come on in" Alex says inviting Barry

"Thanks, Hey Kara" Barry says while sitting down next to her

"Hey Barry, so we have a couple games planned! We have Jenga, cup stacking, and uno!"

"That's sounds like fun!" He says smiling

"Okay, lets start with cup stacking" Maggie says

"Barry you go first!" Alex says

So we all played it. Barry won cup stacking as he told us he used to play all the time with his parents and would always win. So we named him king of cup stacking. Then we played jenga, where I was the first to lose, and turns out Barry wasn't good at it either. So Maggie and Alex won! Then came uno. That game took the longest. But I've got to say was the best one out of all of them. Tonight it was the first time Barry smiled and laughed since the accident.

Sadly the night came to an end, where everyone had left except for Barry. He stayed and helped cleanup.

"Thanks barry for helping but you didn't need to" I say putting the games away

"Yeah, but I wanted too" he says while cleaning up the living room

Barry's pov

When me and Kara were all done cleaning. We came together in the middle of the room. Facing each other.

"Well, I should be going" I say staring in her eyes

"Yeah, I guess you should" Kara says staring in my eyes

I didn't move, she didn't move. We kept staring into each other's eyes. i put cupped her cheeks, and pulled her in for a kiss.  She kissed back, for 5 minutes we didn't let go of each other.  Then news broke the kiss up as it startled us.

"What the hell?" Kara says looking closer to what's on the tv.

"I um, I got to go" I say while taking my jacket and heading for the door.

"Yeah, me too. See you!" Kara says while heading to her bedroom.

Karas pov
As Barry left and I head to bedroom. I change into my supergirl costume and flew to downtown national city. When I got their, the blur came around the same time as me.

I ask him " what the hell is that thing!"

Without looking at me, he responded with" that's gorilla grodd"