chapter 2; my kind of woman.

As I check to see what time it is, I start freaking out. It’s already 7:45 am, and I’m late for school! After the call, I had been daydreaming for so long, I need to get ready. Luckily, it’s Friday, and we have blocked schedules, which means I don't get all my classes as I do on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. As I was looking for an outfit for school, all I could think of is Grayson and our date later on today. I’d like to get it off my chest that I have feelings for him, but I sort of doubt it as well. What if he only sees me as a friend, and this is just a friend date? I need to stop jumping in conclusions, but I can’t help it. I just really wish this date goes well and that I can tell him how I feel.

*----GRAYSON’S POV----

I’ve been in love with this girl named Hayden for some time, but once I met Avery, everything changed in my life. My life hasn’t been like this, in a long time. Avery brings the best of me, all the time. That’s what I like about her. She’s so lovable and kind. Her grayish-blue eyes, they’re stunning. I’ve absolutely gone to loving every single detail about her. Avery is something else but in the best way possible. She’s different than everyone else I’ve encountered with. She’s something special. I love her a lot, and I never want to let go of her. I was a fool to have let her go once, I’m not going to do that same mistake again. It was dumb of me, I admit it, but now… now is different. Axel may have broken her heart, but I will make sure that I never see her heartbroken over me or some other dude she encounters with, and that’s a promise. Avery doesn’t know what I feel about her, and I asked her on a date this morning because I couldn't wait any longer, and I know that is selfish of me but I love her and I want her to know that I love her. I’m a bit nervous to tell her, but I’ll do it anyways. Avery is the love of my life and I never want to let go of her. I met Avery when we were 8 or 9, our moms have been best friends since they could remember and basically, we spent so much time together like you couldn’t imagine. As time went on, we started drifting apart, mostly because Avery ‘belonged’ to one ‘social’ group at school, and me and my twin brother, Ethan, ‘belonged’ to a different one. Avery was much of a nerd, but she was a cute nerd too, and I love that about her. She would always help me when I need help understanding a concept because we basically have every class together. There I had a chance and was able to spend time with her, and I would be happy. Avery has always been pretty, but something about her all throughout sixth and seventh grade made her something else. She was beautiful and still is. Avery is extremely beautiful and is amazingly talented. She is amazing. Avery is an amazing human being, and I can guarantee you that.*

As I get to school, I feel my stomach get butterflies. Today had been a special and good day, one because I was going on a date with the guy I love, and two because It was the last day of freshman year. I already I feel relieved to be out of freshman year and start my sophomore year. No more drama that happened in freshman year will be here. I’m excited for the sophomore year like you have no idea. I hope tonight's date with Grayson goes super well. I dressed really nice today because after school I was going straight to the date. I was wearing a black cropped shirt, simple but cute, and my usual black high waisted jeans. I put on my white low top converse and curled my hair. I usually never curl my hair but today was special. Because of Grayson.

“Well look who’s looking pretty on the last day of school?! My beautiful best friend!” Paige said.

I giggles and said, “Why thank you. You look lovely as well!”

Paige is my best friend since we were like 3 or 4. We’ve known each other for a really long time, and she’s been there for me when all the drama happened with my previous boyfriend. She’s an amazing friend, and I couldn’t have asked for a much better one because I already have her.

“Hey you, that kid, Grayson keep looking over here,” Paige said.

“What? Grayson is looking over here?” I asked, with a smile growing on my face.

“YES! Is there something between you two?!”

“Oh nothing, just a date later on, no biggy,” I say, trying to sound nonchalantly.

“OMG! YOU AND GRAYSON ARE GOING ON  DATE?!!!!” She practically screams the last part making me nervous that he heard what Paige had said.

“Yes! Shhhh, don’t tell the whole WORLD!”

“Omg! I totally ship it! AHHHHHH!!!” Paige says before the bell rang, notifying us that it’s time to get to class. As we were all entering the building, I see that Grayson was right beside me.

“Oh, Hi Avery.” He says in a shy voice

“Hi, Grayson!”

“I need to get to class, so uh, I leave you guys alone to talk!”

As Paige soon starts to leave, she was sort of spying on us from where she was, until we were out of eyesight. Everyone did give us stares, but that’s because there’s a hot jock next to a nerdy average girl. It felt nice being protected by him, and luckily we had everything together. That’s how it all started. That’s where I fell in love with the one and only Grayson Dolan.

a/n; 997 words! hope you liked it! can't wait for you to see what i have for this book! love yaaa! take care! xox- p💛