Stranger

The day was just like any other day most people were out and about strolling around the down, shopping at the local general store, or even visiting the saloon drinking until they couldn't drink anymore. You looked out the window of your house in awe of how plain and boring this town was with everyone in it, thinking back and forth how to convince your mother to let you out and go explore the land for once.
Your mother was a old fashioned woman who believed that you should clean, cook, and not tend to any outdoorsy things to her that was mans work and unladylike for a girl to do. She didn't always use to be like that but things changed when your father a prideful respected man left for the war and never came back, lonesome and heartbroken paranoia got the best of her and she never let you out of her sight since then.
"Y/N! I'll be right back, I'm going into town to pick up some mail and things for supper tonight." She said a bit hesitant at the decision of leaving you at the house by yourself but left anyways shutting the door behind her.
"Thank god!" You said to yourself letting out a long sigh of relief.
Out of town trips was the only way you go to be yourself and so care free if you felt sure of yourself you would wonder around the backyard exploring new things, listening to the sound of the birds chirp, taking in all the fresh air and sunlight that kissed your skin. Only to be spooked later on by a rabbit in the bushes and quickly running back in your house.
Today was different though you planned on going outside the cloudy gray sky said otherwise, deciding to play it safe you went upstairs into your small little room and grabbed a book hidden from underneath your bed.
Two Hours passed and it was raining heavily now, with your mother still gone out in town you decided to not think twice about it knowing how mother was when it came to bad weather.

A loud knock pounded on the front door causing you to instantly jump up and head down stairs, "H-Hello I'm sorry to intrude but my horse just knocked me off and ran away, I was wondering if I could come in and warm myself up before I head out again.." A deep voice said begging to be let in.

You opened the door only to find a tall man in his late 30's or early 40's with long slicked black greasy hair, with thick mustache and goatee standing in the door way dripping wet from rain.

"Thank you darlin." He said with a grin wiping the mud off his boots before entering the house.