Chapter 2: His weird hawaiian bucket hat

"Excuse miss?" A flight attendant said shaking my shoulder a little to rough for my liking. I shoot her a glare for waking me up.

"We are about to land so please buckle up and turn your device off." She says sweetly. Device? What generation does she live in? Has she never seen a I Phone before? I turn it off and wait for us to land.

***

"Do you know if I have a window seat again?" my dad asks me as we get on our 2nd flight. We landed here in Colorado and after we should be in LAX.

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'.

Our flight is called and we get on the plane. When I reach my seat I notice I have an aisle seat, sitting next to an old lady who is already snoring. Great. Someone taps on my shoulder and i turn around to see my dad.

"Do you wanna change seats?" my dad asks.

"Well where do you sit?"

My dad looks at me sheepishly and points to his seat. I look past him and see he has a whole row to him self but his ticket says 28B, which is the window seat. My dad is too dumb for his own good because he could easily sit on the aisle seat without getting caught. I switch tickets with him and go sit down. I put my headphones on and stretch my legs across all 3 seats and lean my head back, ready for take off.

As I'm about to fall asleep somone pokes me on my shin. I open one eye and see an extremely goofy, cute looking guy standing in front of me looking uncomfortable.

"Yes?" I ask not moving.

"Umm... Your legs are covering my seat." he says rubbing the back of his neck. Okay the word "cute" was an understatment. He was hot. He had brown eyes, was tall, and had a weird hawaiian bucket hat on. He noticed me checking him out and blushed. I moved my legs and sat up.

"Thank you." He says. He sits in the middle seat. I look at him and raise my eyebrows.

"You do know you don't need to sit so close to me. There is an empty seat Right next to you." I state.

"Yes I know." He says. Okay then. I look out the window and notice we are moving down the runway now.

***

"So where are you from?" The blondie next to me asked. An hour ago he took his hat off and I saw what color his hair was.

"Michigan. You?"

"Virgina, I'm going to be in California for a month or two though. I'm visiting some friends and my girlfriend there." he says.

"Cool. I'm moving to California actually."

"Really? What city?" he asks. I bite my lip and furrow my eyebrows. I don't know him and he asked where I'm moving to; for all I know he could be a stalker.

"That came off weird didn't it?" he asks chuckling. I nod. He seems harmless.

"LA." I say.

"That's where I'm going to..." He drifts off.

"So what's your name?"

"Penelope. What's yours?" He raises his eyebrows in suprise.

"You don't know who I am?" Am I suppose to?

"Umm... Have I met you before or something?" I ask. He grins and shakes his head.

"I'm Matthew. Matthew Espinosa." I smile and nod.

The flight attendant comes and tells us to turn our phone offs because we will be landing soon. When we land, Matthew gives me his number telling me to call him sometime so we could hang out. Supposably I remind him of his girlfriend.

My dad and I get to our new apartment building and I look at it in awe. It is alot bigger than our house in Michigan. It's a duplex so that means we have to share some of the property with our neighbors but i honestly don't care. Maybe the neighbors have a girl my age.

** * * *

When I finish setting up my room I belly flop on my bed. My room is so freaking huge! I was sad to move but honestly I couldn't be more happy right now. This is good. This is good. I smile and think of all the wonderful things that can happen. I smile and fall into a blissful sleep.