The Day Like Any Other

Felicity's POV

*BANG* *BANG* BANG* "Get up you lazy rejects". That horrid voice, I hear it every day. Some people have an alarm clock maybe their mother wakes them up peacefully. I wake up to Ms Clark screaming at the top of her lungs smacking pans together. A new day. A new set of families take home new kids and leave me out of the question. 

I lazily roll out of bed and get dressed for breakfast. Breakfast is probably my least favorite meal of the day. lining up with my old scratched and broken tray to get my food. If you are so lucky you will never have to let the stale cereal with sour milk touch you taste buds. That has been the exact breakfast since I got here.

We have about 20 mins of social time and then the rest of the day is work. Work in the kitchen, the garden, the bathrooms and offices. Today I was on one of the most boring jobs today. I was in the 'library'. You may think that would be one of the best jobs. I could read and easily entertain myself with the thousands of books, but that isn't the case.

Every inch of the wall of this library are covered in books that contain nothing but files. I spend my day dusting and filing the thousands of reports of kids that have found homes. All my friends gone and happy. I see the thousands of people that have found a better life. I know and have known for ages that my name will never be on these shelves. I grow older and work here. Then I will die and will never leave. I am bound to this place. All I want is to see the world outside.