The Wall That Opened

Lying in her bed, sleep didn't come easy as her spine rested on the old, uncomfortable 'bed'. She slowly watched the big clock outside her room as each hand moved slower than it ever had before. Then 9:00 pm struck the clock. This was the time that everyone, even Ms Clark was asleep. She knew that she was the only one with her eyes wide open. For some unknown reason, on light in the hallway was still bright. Usually every night at 9:00 the lights would blacken. But this light didn't. Felicity knew that she was not going to drift off any time soon. She got up and lent against her door to have a closer look. 

The door flew open as Felicity collapsed to the floor. In the 15 years she has been in her room at night, not one of those night was her door unlocked. Closing her door she crept towards the bright light, watching her footing as to not make to wooden floors creak. Step by step, she finally stood underneath the light. A small golden string dropped down into her hands. This rope started from her hand and stretched further than she could see. She felt the rope in her hand following its path. The further she got the less she could see as the darkness flooded. The rope took a sharp turn. Felicity knew that the way the rope was leading her was towards a wall, opposite the entrance to the library. She gently reached for the cold concrete wall and was shocked when nothing grazed her hand.

Questions flooded into her mind, she knew that there was always a wall. But, it wasn't there. If the wall did open, then why now and why would it open to her? Taking a step forward she enter a narrow hallway that got smaller and smaller with every step. The wall were closing in and almost swallowing her. She took another step. But there was no floor to catch her. Plummeting down a long, pitch black hole. She knew that this was it for her. She should have just stayed in her room. But now, she was doomed to fall to her death. 

Closing her eyes, she waited for the fatal blow that would take the last breath from her body. She dropped hard onto something soft. Surprised she slowly looked around to see 2 big, blue eyes glaring down at her.