Forgotten Memories

Hello! I'm excited to finally start this multi-part story! This is basically a big ol' introduction for my newest OC. I'm really proud of him, and I hope you'll love him as much as I do! Of course, this story is going to have romance in it, so turn back now if that's not your thing! Hopefully I'll be able to update this regularly, but I'm a student so that seems unlikely. (Ugh, school.) Anyway, thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoy!
********

The Octoling's sweet and melodious laughter filled the air as he tightly squeezed his sides; that had been the first time in weeks since he last laughed like that. Wiping a tear from his toffee-colored orbs, he quieted his giggles and looked up at the taller Octarian soldier.

"That's probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! How could one possibly do that with his body?"

The older Octoling triumphantly smirked down at his comrade and crossed his arms, his Octo Shot tucked underneath his elbow.

"I told you I could get you to laugh and make you forget about whatever you were stressing over!"

The magenta octopus stopped for a moment before cracking a wide grin. The other was totally right; his mind was no longer lingering on the Inkling boy who had stolen the Zapfish from them. However, when the thought of DJ Octavio throwing a fit over another Zapfish's rescue came to his mind, the shorter Octoling slumped back to his previous position against the wall.

"Commander Octavio is going to be very upset when he finds out about the Zapfish..."

"You can put the blame on me! I shouldn't have been teasing you like that anyway... I really made us let our guard down..." The older male chuckled, a hand guilty scratching the back of his neck. He really needed to conceal his feelings for the other when they were out defending their only power source...

The shorter Octoling shook his head, "What? I could never do that to you! We're a team! We always have been." He rested his hand on top of his fellow soldier's, pulling a soft blush from the other's face. "Come on, we should report to Commander Octavio. The sooner we get this over with, the better..."

Both Octarians stood up to collect their weapons and made their way out of the sector. As they were taking in the damage this mysterious Inkling boy had done in such a short amount of time, the younger cephalopod slowed his pace to an eventual stop, completely lost in his thoughts. His partner felt the other's absence and turned to face him, tilting his head in confusion.

"You alright?"

"... Did... we ever check to see if the Inkling was still on the premises..?"

As soon as the question left his lips, a shot of enemy ink whizzed right past him, almost hitting his round ear. In fear, both Octolings whipped around to face a male Inkling wielding a strange looking weapon. He hardened his facial expression and tightly clutched the bright yellow weaponry before charging for the younger males.

The taller Octarian soldier stepped in front of his friend, holding out his Octo Shot, and slightly turned around. "Go, alert the others. I'll hold him back."

Not wanting to leave the other behind, the younger Octoling shakily spoke up, "B-but, Ste-"

"I said go! We don't have much time!"

Just then, the squid had tackled the defending Octoling, successively knocking back the other one onto the ground in some nearby green ink. The shorter Octarian's head was spinning from banging it against the hard ground; he couldn't get out of the stinging ink that was painfully bubbling over his skin no matter what he tried.