Epilogue

Larry Smith, his legs crossed, sat in cafeteria reading a newspaper. The little sun in the sky warmed his skin which was covered by snow white tee-shirt and shorts. White hat cast a shadow on his calm face. He appeared very much interested in the morning news.

The third page which he currently read had a story about his friend Bill who for the third time in a row had won a fly-ball championship. He and his two teammates had been unstoppable. 'What did Bill Sutherland eat to achieve such athleticism?' a reporter had asked rhetorically at the end of the article.

In one of the further pages there was supposed to be written a review of Larry's newest story 'Bob's Wheel,' which was about a man who managed to solve the problem of useless yarn ball-shaped structure that he had built – he had turned it into a water park with a multitude of intersecting water-slides. Water parks did not exist on this little planet and the park received great popularity and recognition. He had heard rumors that the city council would steal his idea and build a real water park, an identical copy of the one described in Larry's book.

Currently, about ten thousand people lived in Paradise, a city covering the whole area of a round planet, which could be circled in less than five hours on foot. The city was young and still changing, growing. Citizens were encouraged to suggest ideas for new entertainment places.

The coffee today smelled and tasted heavenly. Larry ordered another cup. When Larry turned a page, a robot came by and brought him a new cup.

"Would the lady like another one as well?" the robot asked a woman sitting on the opposite side of Larry's table.

"No, the lady is about to leave."

"Of course. Have a nice day, miss."

"Thank you I will."

She got up. Her dress fluttered above lean tanned legs. "Hey," she almost shouted at Larry.

"What?" Larry did not move his eyes away from the newspaper.

"I'm leaving."

Larry glanced at her beautiful eyes and furious visage and softly said, "Have a nice day, Diana. Have fun in your dancing class."

"Of course I will. You have not forgotten about the theater tonight, haven't you?"

"I've not." He had.

She leaned towards him and stared him in the eyes. Their noses almost touched. Larry had a dumb clueless facial expression while lines of scorn were drawn all over Diana's face. "You did," she said and kissed him. Walking away she ordered, "Be on time, or I will hurt you."

"I will. I promise."

Larry turned a few pages and saw the review of his story. The article was a delight to read. It contained only positive insights. He had worried his writing style might be off. After all, this was his first story and a good start for a writer meant a lot.

"You rock, Larry!" shouted a man passing him by on a bicycle. "I am Sam, your biggest fan!"

Larry waved for the stranger and smiled.