HUNTER

'The year is 2039. The air is cold and the wind is harsh. Blood is scattered across the barren ground like paint onto a canvas and bodies of both the humans and the robots are scattered about like clothes being tossed onto the floor of a bathroom by bratty children, who will soon whine when told that they have to clean this up. But it is nowhere as peaceful as that could ever be as the gunshots still ring out in my mind even now, as I sit on the other side of a demolished building. I am heaving, the oily blood is trickling down my face like a waterfall I can do absolutely nothing to bring a stop to it.
The humans are winning, just by a slim margin but they're becoming smarter by the minute. They're not like us, it takes more then one shot to kill them and we're running low on fuel. Our army of 3,000 has been lowered to 249, and the humans are massively outnumbering us. The tears spill from my eyes as I shoot 3 more humans- killing two and hitting one in the leg. I'm shaking but I need to be strong- it's not like this is new to me in any form. My eyes shut tightly as I hear another shot, much more close to me- the horrible sound of another robot taking its own life because they can't handle it anymore. I'm tempted to follow suit but I can't. Zero is waiting for me and once this is over, we'll have a life together.'

'But now isn't the time for silly dreams or fantasies. I scramble to my feet and run as fast as I can, ducking and covering as a bomb is thrown loosely at me. Thankfully it doesn't hit me but the guilt stabs me in the stomach like a knife as I hear it explode and the number of our army has lowered once again- 237. I attempt to run through the swarm of humans, shooting them down one by one as they try to stop me. But nothing will, because I am determined to make it through this. If not for me, and not for my team, then for Zero.
I shove two humans aside as I jump into the bunker, forcing myself to stay quiet as I fall to the harsh concrete ground. The blood is still flowing down my face as I lunge at the General sitting there, who wasn't expecting my arrival. We scuffle for about two to three minutes- and then I realize it. It's him, he's the one that took Zero from me. I'm shaking and I can't stop myself from stabbing the dagger into him, and I can only feel my gut twist as I completely rip his arm off. It's like my self control has left my body as I-'

———————————————-

"Hunter?"
The Reploid was snapped out of his thoughts, soft green eyes looking up to meet Dr. Light's own concerned blue ones. He wiped the tears from his eyes, looking down and realizing some of his tears had ruined the messy scribbles that was his writing-Though it was still readable. He placed the clipboard with the paper down on the table, before hugging his knees to his chest. He was quiet as he simply stared down at the floor, not even moving when he felt Dr. Light encase him in a hug.

Hunter began to sniffle and before he could stop it, the tears were streaming down his face too hard and his arms were wrapped around Dr. Light, hugging the doctor back. He shouldn't be hugging a human- humans were his enemy! But he couldn't deny that the fatherly hold of his therapist was too comforting for him to resist and he found himself hugging the Doctor tight.

This wasn't 2039. This was 3020X. He was safe. The city was safe.

There was no more war.

The year is 2039. Years will pass. Years will go on and on and eventually all of us will pass on. But the hard times are over. We're safe. And it will stay that way as long as Hunter is alive.