𝟏𝟖 | 𝐈 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐏𝐮𝐤𝐞

Sierra's POV

"I don't know what to do," I whisper with wide eyes, anxiety suddenly bubbling inside of me. Asher gives me a confused look and I rub my face. "What do you mean princess?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know what to do. Why did I think I could run a Mafia? I can't. I can't do this. What if I get shot? What if I lose our baby?" I rant, tears filling my eyes.

Asher pulls me back against his chest and sighs deeply. "Listen baby, you can do this. You aren't running it alone. You have me, and you will always have me. Don and Donna. Kind and Queen. Call us whatever you want, but just know you can and will make it through the day alive and unharmed," he whispers and I nod my head.

"Oka-"

"We need to move now!" Ross yells, interrupting us. "Ryan is in the basement. We blocked him in, but we don't know if he has backup on the way or who set him up to this. We need to move him somewhere else to get answers," he informs us and I relax.

That was easy.

"Wait, how did you catch him? If he's gone undetected for over a year doing what he has been doing, what makes you think this isn't a setup?" I question and he sighs.

"We stripped him and searched him. Scanned his body with a metal detector for any under the skin trackers and found nothing. We actually found him standing in your fathers, well yours, study. He was staring at a picture of you and your mother."

"Me and my mother?" I ask softly and my stomach turns. "Oh my god. She's the one who is doing this. She has him trying to kill me. I heard a very odd conversation the other day at the boutique when I was going to buy an outfit to go out with Ryan," I tell them and Asher raises an eyebrow, the anger noticeable in his eyes.

"Explain now," he demands and I sigh.

"I heard two voices and they seemed familiar. The woman was on the phone and the guy, Ryan, was in the room. She told him he was getting sloppy and he only had one job. To kill the girl, me."

"He almost called her Aunt!" I yell, the realization dawning on me.

"He's my fucking cousin?" I question in disbelief. Oh god. "I think I need to puke," I mumble as I slap my hand over my mouth. I run to the bathroom and throw myself to the floor as I empty the contents inside of me into the toilet.

"Load him up in the van. Have the guys follow behind closely. Send up some men to walk us to the van. Put a bounty out on Sierra's mother. She can't be far. One million to whoever brings the bitch to us first. She must be alive," Asher tells Ross and I hear him mumble something before the door closes.

"Baby?" He questions and I groan.

"I'm okay. I just don't understand. I'm confused and angry. I just want to kill the stupid bitch and him as well. I just want to live a fucking normal life, well as normal as a life as we can," I complain and he chuckles.

"I know princess, I know. Let's get you cleaned up and ready to move. We need you to armor up before we leave this room," he tells me and I nod.

"Okay."

After Asher helps me to my feet, I rinse my mouth and follow him to the closet. He pulls out a bullet proof vest and orders me to hold my arms out. After he puts it on me and makes sure it's secured, he hands me a helmet. I give him a questioning look and he narrows his eyes.

I roll mine and take the helmet from his hands. "What about you?" I ask and he shrugs. "I'm not pregnant," he states and I roll my eyes. "I understand the vest, but why do I need the helmet?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Gotta protect that pretty little face princess. Can't have someone blowing your brains out," He deadpans and I give him a blank expression. "Saying I need extra protection would have been nice you know. You didn't have to be so vivid," I mumble and he shrugs his shoulders.

"You asked and I answered babe. Not my fault the response wasn't one you were looking for," he says nonchalantly and I sigh. "What am I going to do with you?" I ask and he smirks.

"Anything you want princess," he says and I bite my lip. "Anything?" I ask with a smirk and he shakes his head. "No, I take it back. Forget it said it," he mumbles and I giggle until the door opens again.

"Ready?" Ross questions and I take a deep breath. "As ready as I'll ever be," I state and Asher pulls me back against his side. He kisses my forehead and whispers in my ear, "I love you."

"I love you too baby," I whisper before clearing my throat.

"Let's do this," I say loudly and let out a deep breath. I grab Asher's hand and squeeze it tightly as we exit the room. Six big muscular men stand there waiting for us. As soon we step into the hallway, they surround us and I relax slightly, knowing I have loyal people to protect me.

-

Hopefully I can start updating more frequently again. I'm moving into my house in a couple of days so things should start looking up. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. ❤️

Q: Thoughts?