- Secret 2 -

Akari's POV

  I just finished doing my home works and projects, my mind is in haze as I stare at the wall clock inside my room. I should really take my bathe now, my brother needs me in the office to help him with our growing business, it might appear to others that I'm a simple human but I am not, everything around me is just a business, this home is not fit for a family. During the morning, files and folders scatter around me, stress and anxiety fills me up as I start to practice the way of handling our business for my future.

I sighed as my body slowly sinks in the bubble, my mind drifting away as I put my phone on my ear, Laito's breathing made me relax, he's a best friend of mine and I'm happy to have him by my side. His sometimes perverted attitude is really annoying but it is covered by his possessiveness, I understood him. He's always beside me and ready to protect me from any harms, I would also do the same for him if something bad is approaching us.

"Would you like to go to mall after your work?" Laito ask, I already told him before about our business and I'm glad that he's not like the other men out there who's always pushing a girl to go out with them.

"I would love to, I'm currently relaxing, give me 30 minutes to get ready." I said, my voice getting low and quiet, I heard him chuckle from the other line and it only made me a little drowsy.

"I'll be waiting for your call, princess." Laito said before I couldn't hear his voice anymore.

  I put my phone on my bed, throwing it as I quickly went back inside the bathroom again, I took my shower before pulling out a red dress inside my cabinet and a pair of black heels. I am taught to be a lady and I am only doing this because I'm inside this house. I honestly couldn't wait until I'm free from here.

Laito's POV

  I stood outside the gate of their house, my fingers playing with each other as the cold wind brush against my skin, I could feel her heartbeat from the inside, steady and calm. My eyes travelled from the bushes to the girl standing beside me, her lips curved into a smile, even though she have dark circles around her eyes, she didn't fail to amaze me with their sparks. The innocence in them made me blush, her red dress suits her.

"Ma chèr, what a beautiful creature you are!" I said and offered my right arm to her, she quickly clings to me and giggle.

"Mon chèr, your hair looks very silky without your fedora and you look very handsome tonight." She said, a faint blush paints her cheeks, I slowly guide her inside my family's car.

"I am always this handsome, Akari, I thought you're smart enough to notice." I said as the car starts moving to the town.

"Shut up, why are waiting outside our house? You can just enter and wait in the living room you know." She said, putting her hand on mine and giving it a light squeeze.

"Well, I'm kind of embarrassed since I could sense that your brother is inside." I said and look away, she already knew that I am a vampire so there's nothing to hide from her.

"I understand." She said, I only hold her hand with mine, letting the sweet silence roam inside the car.

  It wasn't a long wait as the car drove to the nearest mall in our town, the people around us is talking and yelling to each other as if there's no tomorrow, these humans are really loud and they're making my head dizzy. I felt a hand grab mine, it's warm and as I stare at the person who owns the hand, a small smile made it's way to my face.