Chapter 2- Wanted

[3rd Person POV]

"Are you sure this is the place? It looks a bit run-down." Remarked the blonde boy known as Niall upon seeing the run-down building through the window of his car. Harry slowly nodded.

"Surely it is. Look at the address. It's the one that we have written down. See?" He passed the Irishman the note from where he was in the driver's seat of the car, which Niall gratefully took.

"Orphanages aren't usually very extravagant places." Liam added, receiving a raised brow from Harry and a shrug from Niall.

"Welp, it's no use just sitting here. Shall we go in, Lads?" Louis chirped optimistically, meeting the eyes of the four others, who nodded in agreement.

"Let's go." Harry said as he opened his door of the car and stepping out.

The path to the door was comprised entirely of dirt that was still slightly damp after last night's rain, which was lined with white rocks of various sizes. It almost had an ominous feel to it, which gave Zayn chills that he quickly shook off.

"Whoever comes with us out of here today must be amazingly lucky. This place certainly doesn't look too comfortable." Zayn admitted, looking hesitantly in the direction of the door.

"Better than being on the streets, I suppose." Liam chimed in once more, looking at what some would think to be a horrid little place with a logical point of view. Even so, the feeling of unease that the other boys felt was something he would admit he felt too.

As Louis reached out a hand towards the aged silvery handle on the door, it swung open, sending the man stumbling back a few steps to avoid getting hit.

Quiet annoyed muttering could be heard, but quickly stopped as the person who opened the door noticed the group outside.

"Ah! Oh god, I'm so sorry! I didn't know any of you were here yet! I was just gonna look out to check." The woman with the blonde hair apologized, concern taking over her tired face. It was obvious that the kids were taking quite a toll on the poor woman.

"Anyways, my name is Evelyn Greene. I run this orphanage. If you would follow me, please-" Evelyn said quickly before Ny of the boys could get in a single word, spinning on her worn down shoe heel and walking back in. Harry gave a "yikes" look to Niall, who just shook his head and followed after the woman, leading the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sounds of faint arguing, idle chatter, and muffled music became clearer as the boys passed the common room en route to the office, a few kids taking notice of them, and increasingly growing louder in excitement.

Liam rubbed his temples in an attempt to prevent an oncoming headache as they all sat down in Evelyn's office, said owner of the office taking a seat in a worn red leather computer chair.

"So... Do you guys have a preference on which kid you would like? Male? Female?" She inquired as she whipped out a fountain pen and began writing.

"We all thought about it, and a girl is the choice we made." Zayn answered with his quiet voice, and Evelyn nodded.

"Alright. We have plenty to choose from. How we do it here is we have them all line up, and they all come in individually for a brief interview. Afterwards, you can put forward the names of any that you really think would be a good match. Sound good?" She set down the pen and looked up, causing all boys to nod quietly in unison, all silently doubting if they would be able to remember even a handful of names.

"Girls, please come and line up at the front office for interviews" Evelyn spoke into the intercom, and the sound of a human stampede filled the room.