not in that way

seanlew just posted a video

the notification rang through her phone. she picked it up and a smile grew on her face.

she opened the tab and saw that sean had posted a new cover. it was to the song

"not in that way" by sam smith

she cocked her head to the side, she'd never heard the song before. she then turned the volume up and listened to his angelic voice.

she loved to hear him sing. it was something about his voice that made her feel calm and safe.

And I hate to say I love you
When it's so hard for me
And I hate to say I want you
When you make it so clear
You don't want me

there was something different about his voice. it felt as if a new wave of emotions embodied the boy.

I'd never ask you cause deep down
I'm certain I know what you'd say
You'd say I'm sorry believe me
I love you but not in that way

after he sung those lyrics, she noticed a large lump in her throat that made her feel guilty for some reason. there was nothing more she wanted to do than hold him at the moment.

And I hate to say I need you
I'm so reliant
I'm so dependent
I'm such a fool

When you're not there
I find myself singing the blues
Can't bear
Can't face the truth

she heard his voice crack and tears started to brim in her eyes. she was proud of him for showing such vulnerability in a way through his new hobby.

You will never know that feeling
You will never see through these eyes

I'd never ask you
'Cause deep down I'm certain I know what you'd say
You'd say I'm sorry
Believe me
I love you
But not in that way

she thought maybe the song was about his crush. maybe it was about jenna.

You'd say I'm sorry
Believe me
I love you
But not in that way

she let out a single tear drop as she watched him put the headset back on the microphone with shaking hands. she scrolled down searching for one of his heartfelt captions or maybe an explanation. but instead, it was blank.

she scrunched her eyes in confusion

"this isn't right" she thought

she reload the page searching for some words again. but she was met with a blank page and an error message.

she decided to call the boy to make sure that he was alright.

after two rings he picked up.

"hey sean" she said confused

"hey kayc" he replied with a hint of awkwardness

"you doing okay? that cover you posted today-"

"wait you saw it!?" he said interrupting her

"uhh yeah? i have your post notifications on remember? and i happened to be on my phone when i got notified." she said with an awkward chuckle.

"right" he said with as his face grew into a  smile remembering how she always wanted to be up to date with his posts.

with a random leap of courage, he finally made the decision to tell her about his feelings.

"hey kayc can i come over now? i feel as if i owe you an explanation." he said scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.

"y-yeah text me when you get here" she said with a hint of worry.

they then disconnected from the call.

well that was awkward.

they haven't talked like this since they were 14 and 15. their conversations usually went smoothly and felt comfortable. but this conversation felt as awkward as ever.

within about 35 minutes, she heard a soft knock on her door. she ran up to the door and carefully opened it, already suspecting who it was.

she was met with bloodshot eyes and messy hair. she ran up to him and engulfed him into her arms. they stood there in each other's arms for about two minutes until she broke away.

"what happened? are you okay?" she said worriedly

he chuckled at how much she cared for him.

"i'm fine. i just have to tell you something very important." he said gazing into her eyes as he took a step closer.

her heart started to beat faster as he kept taking steps closer until he was right in front of her, barely any space between them.

"o-okay lets talk" she said nervously

he chuckled at her cuteness and then led her to the couch.

he intertwined their hands as they faced each other.

"p-please don't hate me when i say this,           because i don't want to lose you." he said honestly

"i could never hate you." kaycee says connecting their foreheads.

he takes a deep breath, his next words catching her by surprise.

"i'm in love with you." he says, staring deep into her eyes.

her face immediately lit up and she attacked him in a bear hug. he laughed loudly while she had the largest grin on her face.

"you have no idea how much i love you sean" his heart swelled and he hugged her tighter.

they broke away and just stared at each other with wide smiles.

"so i'm guessing that video was about me?" she said teasingly.

he rolled his eyes playfully. "yeah it was" he said still smiling at him.

they gazed into each other's eyes still not believing this was happening.

"can i kiss you?" sean whispered low but loud enough for her to here.

she nodded her head eagerly and he chuckled at her while he leaned in. their kiss held feelings, unspoken promises and pure love.

they broke away and grinned at each other once more.

"so what now" kaycee broke the silence still gazing into his eyes.

"kaycee rice, would you like to be my girlfriend?" sean asked shyly

"i thought you'd never ask." she said as she leaned in once more to kiss him.

hey guyz. hope ya liked it. and i've run out of ideas for oneshots so if you have one please comment. thank you :)