piano man

she walked into the coffee shop for the 4th time this week. she went there everyday, not only to get a drink, but also to listen to the music.

see there's this boy about a year older than her that played the most amazing music in the piano and had the most angelic voice.

she went up to the cashier, monica. she greeted her and told her her usual order. a mocha latte with almond milk. monica smiled and shook her head, she already knew her order by heart but she still told her everyday.

she went off and sat down, a little closer to the pianist this time. they made eye contact and his face lit up in a smile, something that always happened when he saw her, but she of course, never noticed. she blushed and waved at him. "hey" he mouthed still smiling at her.

after all this time, they never got each other's names. he figured that tonight was time for a change. it was now 7:42 and he started playing at 8:00. he always got there early to see her. he walked off the stage and made his way towards her, hoping to be able to talk to her.

she began reading her favorite book "before i fall" until she felt a presence in front of her. she slowly looked up expecting it to be monica with her coffee, but instead was met with the pianist.

he looked at her with a soft smile on his face. "hi" he said shyly. she smiled at him. " hey, would you like to sit." she pointed at the chair in front of her. "yes. thank you." he replied.

"so i see you here often." he said starting up a conversation. "yeah it's really relaxing and it also has really great music." she said teasingly, receiving a small chuckle and a blush from the boy which also caused her to blush.

"yeah i play a little, but enough about me, i wanna know more about you." he said softly. she blushed and smiled back at him.

"well, my name is kaycee rice, i'm 22, and i'm a dancer." she said confidently.

"really?, i'm a dancer too. i only play piano part time." she looked at him in shock. he didn't seem like the dancer type.

"wow" she said still in shock. "how often do you train?" she asked curiously. she was glad that they both had something in common.

"well i take classes at least four times a week at studios around la." she was intrigued. how did she not see him at any?

"really? so do i. i've never seen you at any classes." she said excitedly. he chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"i take classes during the day time so i can come here and play at night." he said and she nodded.

"that makes sense since i take classes during the evening." she said chuckling.

her laugh was music to his ears and all of a sudden, he decided to be bold.

"do you maybe wanna get each other's phone numbers? you know to stay in contact, if you wanna become friends.." he said scratching the nape of his neck.

she laughed at his nervousness and nodded her head. "yeah, sure why not"  she said with a smile.

his face grew into a wide grin "okay" he said softly, still smiling like an idiot.

she laughed at him and gave her his phone to type in his number while he did the same. well, at least that's what she thought.

she looked up to give him back his phone, only to see him staring into her eyes with admiration. she smiled softly at him.

he blushed and finally began typing in his number.

"it's almost 8:00 you better get up there." she said chuckling.

"yeah. i'll see you later?" he asked hopefully. she just nodded and his smile grew wider.

he got up and ran to the stage. she turned her head towards him and gave him a thumbs up with a wide smile. he nodded his head and began to play.

as soon as the first four chords played out, she already knew the song he was playing. she hummed the tone and swayed her head side to side as if she were at a concert.

"after you", it was one of her favorite songs at the time and she only dreamed of relating to it with someone. he glanced at her often with a soft smile on his face.

when he played the last few chords of the song, she was the first to clap, and the loudest. he took a bow and ran off the stage towards her. she wore a proud smile on her face as she held up two thumbs up.

"you were amazing, and that was one of my favorite songs." she said she a playful wink.
he chuckled at the girl "thank you, and you have great music taste." he said in return, with a wink.

they walked out of the cafe, kaycee taking her coffee to go. the rest of their night was filled with laughter and enjoyment. they both couldn't remember the last time either of them had laughed so hard or had so much fun at that.

they walked back to their cars, kaycee's head laying on sean's shoulder as his arm wrapped protectively around her. he had already formed a unique bond with the girl and he had only just met her.

they both stopped as they reached her car "i'll maybe see you tomorrow?" he asked hopefully. "yep, i'll be here." she said. his smile immediately grew wider as he went in to hug and thank her for such a wonderful night.

"no problem, i'd like to do this again." she said truthfully. he nodded his head along "yeah i agree." he checked his time. "it's getting kind of late you might wanna head home." he said lookin down at his pocket watch.

"yeah.. see you tomorrow" she said as she got into her car. he waved in return as he watched her drive off.

"see you tomorrow"

well look who's back. i know every time i say that i'm gonna update more and it never happened, but honestly i've been on writers block for the past month which shouldn't be possible, but it is. trust me, it is. anyways hope you enjoyed :)

-vari