Whyte Wyrm Party

VERONICA POV

I sat on my bed and used my telekinesis to go through my dresses for the party. They were all really cute, but not needed for this. I then saw a perfect black dress and threw it over to myself. I got the dress on and then my golden-pearl earrings.

"Hija, can I come in?" Daddy asked. He probably wanted to give another lecture about my magic.

"Yes daddykins, please come in." I said. He came in and I used my telekinesis to close the door.

"You're getting quite good at your magic. But remember, No hay magia en los ojos públicos(No magic in the public eye).¿Entiendes?(Do you understand)?"

"Sí(Yes)" I said. He nodded and then asked me one more thing.

"Have you learned the fire spell yet?"

"No, can you show me?" I asked. He nodded and then looked at my curtains. All of a sudden, there were flames on my curtains. He smiled and just watched them burn. I ran over threw them on the ground and put the flames out.

"Read your book of spells, Hija. If you read it more, you'd know how to bring water from your cup over there put it on the curtains."

"Sorry, I'll do better. I promise."

"You better, we can't be a disgrace to all witches and warlocks." Daddy said then leaving my room. I sighed and felt the disappointment in my stomach. I needed to start reading and practicing more.
———————————————————————
JUGHEAD POV

Fangs and I decided to call people to come over and party with us. The more the merrier, right? Toni agreed to serve drinks and we had karaoke going. It was going to be fun. I sat on at the bar while Toni gave me a beer.

"We're going to get arrested for underage drinking." Toni smiled.

"What are you talking about? I'm 117-years old." I joked.

"Good luck telling that to the cops."

I smiled and then saw Veronica and Archie walk in. Veronica smiled and held Archie's hand. She was trying to show off...oh, the ship game is on. I pulled out my phone and called Betty.

"Hey babe, when are you going to be here?" I asked.

"Babe? Since when do you call me babe?"

"It was cringeworthy, wasn't it?"

"It really was." Betty said. We both laughed.

"I'll probably be there in about 15 minutes. I'm also bringing Polly."

"Cheryl is bringing Jason...this isn't going to end well." I sighed.

"They'll be by each other the entire time. She really likes him, Juggie. I just hope he doesn't hurt her."

"It seems like he likes her a lot too. Hey Betts, I have to go. Speak of the devils."

"Ok, bye."

I hung up and they walked all the way in. They looked like criminal twins together. I had a gut feeling something bad was going to happen tonight.

"Hello Jughead, Cheryl could hear you talking to Betty. I can't wait to see Polly tonight. I still don't understand why Betty likes you-"

"You've also never made-out with me...so, you can really talk. You're getting on my nerves, go away!" I yelled. A little while later, everyone was at the Wyrm...except Betty. I'm guessing she's running late. After her being 10-minutes late, I started to get panicked. I ran up to Jason and shoved him.

"Where's Betty?"

"I don't know."

"Where is she?! I swear on my life, if you hurt her-!"

"You'll do nothing to me, because she literally just walked in the door. How are you supposed to keep her safe if you're not with her 24/7. Let's face it, she's better off without you." Jason nodded. I sighed and then approached her. Polly left her side to go to Jason.

"Hey Juggie, Sorry...we got lost around the area. We're still figuring everything out." Betty smiled putting her arms around my body.

"Jug, is something wrong?" Betty asked.

"N-no! I just need to go and talk with Archie. I promise, for the rest of the night, I'm yours." I nodded.

"Fine, but be quick. I don't want to stand here alone."

"Talk to Toni." I said. I then pushed her arms off of me and I went to Archie who was playing pool with a few guys.

"Hey Archie, can we talk?" I asked.

"Sure man, what's up?"

"What do you think of Betty being with me?"

"What everyone else thinks." Archie shrugged.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that as her boyfriend, it's your job to keep her alive everyday. It's your job to tell her she's beautiful and to show her you care about her. You can't lie to her and you need to trust her. It's hard for you to do that, you're not a guys who's easy at showing love. You're so out of Betty's league. Betty's hot and you're...you."

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I rolled my eyes.

"You wanted my answer, you got it." Archie said. I then walked up to Betty.

"Can you go outside for a minute. I need to talk to you." I said. Betty went outside and I went up to Toni really quick.

"Jones, what's going on?"

"I can't keep her safe...I need her to be with someone who will love her. I can't love again after Ella! Imagine losing Betty that way! I can't do it again!"

"Don't you dare break up with her!"

"I'm breaking up with her." I said. I left and I went up to Betty who was standing outside.

"Is something wrong, Juggie?"

"Actually, there is. With everything going on...I can't protect you anymore."

"I'll protect myself."

"You can't...not with the way things are."

"What are you saying, Jug?"

"I'm not ready for a relationship. After everything with Ella, I can't be with you."

"No, don't do that! Come on, Jug...we can work this out!"

"If you're with me, Betts...you'll probably get hurt. It's better off if we're friends instead."

"Is that a pun because you look like the little boy from Friends?"

"Betty! I'm serious!"

"How many times, Jug...how many times are we going to push each other away?!" Betty yelled beginning to cry.

"Until it sticks!" I yelled gritting my teeth. I turned around getting ready to go back inside. Betty turned me around and put her hands on my face.

"Please, don't do this." She whispered.

"Go home." I said and then turned around. I looked back for a second. She was on her knees on the ground. She was sobbing and took off the necklace that protects her. She threw it across the parking-lot and just sat there sobbing quietly. She was gasping for air while crying. It was better this way though. Isn't it?