Chapter 1

Her hands continued to dwindle in my hair. She sang silently, in a few moments I recognized the tune and started to sing along to her humming the music.

"All those days chasing down a daydream

All those years living in a blur

All that time never truly seeing

Things the way they were"

I gently pulled away from her and turned to her, sitting up beside her. I continued to sing.

"Now she's here, shining in the starlight

Now she's here, suddenly I know

If she's here, it's crystal clear

I'm where I'm meant to go."

I watched a smile grew on her mouth as she opened her mouth to softly sing with me.

"And at last I see the light," We sang together.

And it's like the fog has lifted." I said holding her hands.

"And at last I see the light." Her smile grew as we continued to sing.

"And it's like the sky is new." Her melodic voice rang out through the night.

"And it's warm and real and bright

And the world has somehow shifted

All at once everything is different

Now that I see you"

I pulled her closer to me and rested my forehead on hers. "Now that I see you."

Her arms wrapped around my neck, her head buried in the crook of my neck. Slowly, I leaned back, now laying back on our blanket under the stars. Her soft hair splayed out on her back. She shifted, moving to lay beside me. I turned my head silently to watch her. Her eyes were turned to the sky, one of the biggest mysteries to her.

"Thank you." Her voice was soft.

"For what?" I propped myself up on my elbows.

"Being mine." Her voice slowed and she turned from the starts to me.

"Of course." I smiled and stood up.

My arms got under her and I scooped her up, off the ground. She let out a yelp and held on to me tightly. I let out a laugh. I loved seeing her startled; but I loved seeing her hold onto me dearly. It made me feel like she needed me and it made me feel like her protector. I felt her arms cling onto my shirt; slowly, I let her back down. Her hands let go of my shirt and I smiled down at her.

"Why would you do that?" She lay down as I sat beside her.

"Why not?" I said teasingly.

"Graham!" She punched my arm.

"Sophia!" I poked her side.

I watched as a smile crept up on her face. She could not hide that from me, nor could she stay mad at me. Her smile faded and I wondered why. One look at her face was all I needed for the reason.

"Asleep already?" I checked my watch. "It's only 10:30 for goodness sakes." I shook my head. "I'll take you home."

"Ah, don't." She mumbled in her sleep.

"Fine." I lay down beside her. "Looks like we're here for the night."

Within moments, I felt her arms wrap around me. She snuggled closer to me and held me close. I looked at her peaceful face. A small smile appeared, quickly fading away as she drifted off into a deeper sleep.

"Stay at peace won't you Sophia?" I sighed. "Just a while longer."

-----

I hope you guys like this! It's just a short story but I hope you enjoy!

Please tell me your thoughts in the comments!

Stay tuned for Chapter 2!