Chapter 3

Now Online.

Where have u been all day?

Busy. Srry Graham.

Ur always busy!

Ik, I'm sorry.

It's fine. Can we meet up Saturday?

Can't.

Why?

Message Read

Sophia last seen online 1 minute ago.

"Well, that was weird," I said aloud to myself.

This always happens. She is always busy and I ask her why; she always ignores it. I never understand why. Other days I will ask her to meet up, but then she says she is too busy or just cannot meet up that day. I always ask why. Of course, I do. I am her boyfriend, I am curious as to why she can never meet up. Every time, I brush it off. Not this time. When I see her tomorrow, I will ask her why she can never meet up with me. Especially on weekends. A weekend is made for meeting up with people is it not?

Incoming call from an unknown number.

Who could this be? I stared at my phone. I decided to pick up anyways.

"Hello...?" I said slowly. "Who's calling?"

"Hello... Graham?" An unfamiliar voice said. "I am Stacy from the hospital in-"

The second I heard the word hospital I was on full alert. My heart began to race as I waited for the information the woman was about to give me.

"Your mother has been hospitalized and we would like you to come to the hospital as soon as possible with a few things." She said. "Whenever you are ready to start gathering these things, please tell me so I can tell you what to gather."

"Yes, Ma'am." I got out of my bed, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen, then I put my phone on speaker so I could listen to what she said. "I'm ready."

"Your mom's medications, her prescriptions, any medical files you can find, and perhaps your sister as she keeps going on about her and you," Stacy said.

"Alright, but why do you need the medical files? Don't you have them already?" I asked.

"We do, but something has gone wrong with our system and we need physical copies today." She explained.

"Oh, I see." I looked at the clock. "I'll get everything and I'll come as soon as I've got everything."

"Great, thanks. We'll see you there." She replied, hanging up.

I quickly got on my sweatshirt and jeans, putting my keys in my pocket. Hurriedly, I went to the room my sister was staying in and knocked. She opened it; she looked like she was not even fully awake. I sighed and started to explain what we needed to do and she immediately woke up with full attention. I let her go back into her room to get changed and started my search for everything.

About fifteen minutes later, we got everything together. We rushed out to the car and started the drive to the hospital. Thankfully, there was not very much traffic. Then again, it was already eleven at night. The moment we reached the hospital, both of us got out and ran to the doors. We got to the front desk and the people there led us to the emergency department. I handed everything to the people at the front desk who quickly rushed down the hall into a room.

"You must be tired." A girl said from behind the desk. "Have a seat."

It was Stacy, I read her name tag. I thanked her and I got Arianna to sit down. She looked like she would fall or trip at any moment since she was still tired from being woken up from her sleep. I was going to tell her to sleep but she asked me something before I could.

"Can you get me a snack from the cafeteria?" She looked at me.

"Haven't you had dinner?" I stared at her.

She slowly shook her head.

"Fine." I sighed. "Call me if anything happens."

She agreed and shooed me away to get her some food.

I went down the hallway and just as I was about to turn a corner, a group of people started to come towards me with a patient who was in a wheelchair. I stood to the side and let them pass, but I could not take my eyes off of the group of people.

Could that be? I thought to myself, as I continued to watch them. That can't be...

The patient looked at me as she passed.

It's her.

-----

I hope you guys like this story so far!

I'm sorry if the information given about the hospital is incorrect. I'm not quite sure how it works since I've never had something like this happen to me.

Stay tuned for the next chapter!