seven

"Kat!" I shouted to the seated girl who now was jumping to her feet and the two of us ran to one another, meeting halfway and embracing each other in our arms.

"Oh my god." She said, holding me still. "Are you okay?" She pulled away. "Jesus." She remarked, noticing the marks all over me.

"Yeah, I know. I'm fine though." I said, lying only partially.

"How's Peeta?" She finally asked and I felt a lump form in the back of my throat. I shook my head, upset and bothered by the question because I felt terrible. I left him. I left him all alone.

Tears began swelling in my eyes and she pulled me into her again, letting me sob into her shoulder. Gale stood nearby, waiting. "It's okay, you're safe now, Ari." She assured me. But that's not important. What was important was getting them safe. "Hey, I know what could help a little bit. There's someone who's been waiting on you." She finally said, comfortingly, grabbing my hand and leading me down the hall with Gale following us. We stood in front of a closed door, where she finally opened it and another familiar face, perked up.

"Finn!" I shouted, running to him and he now held me into him, tightly. Both of us, crying. It was a pathetic display but neither of us cared. "Oh my god, Finn." I sobbed.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said to me, not letting go. He pulled back a little, noticing the marks all over me. That's all anyone could notice now.

"Annie's okay." I spoke up and his expression turned grateful for me bringing her up. "They're all being held captive in the tribute center. Don't worry, she doesnt look as bad as I do." I assured him.

"You never could hold your tongue." He chuckled a little, through his tears.

"That's what usually gets me into the most trouble." I laughed to myself. Kat stood by the door, talking with Gale.

"Those two have been inseperable." He told me, with a slight smirk. "Is Peeta alright?"

"He's managing. I hate that I left them all." I shook my head as we walked out of the room and the four of us began walking back up the hall.

"You had to. But trust me, I wish I were there instead of her. I'd trade places in a heartbeat." He looked to the floor. I understood that. Peeta would have never gone and let me stay.

"We're gonna get them out, Finn. I promise. I don't care if I die in the process." I said to him.

"I know. Me too." He nodded, looking down, and then back up to me. "We have a lot to catch you up on, Arizona."