Chapter 69: A shady side to the Moon

It's been a while since Jungkook has been in space, but on earth, it's been hours. Taehyung floated to the food storage and showed no signs of struggle so far. He absolutely loved it in space and didn't care about the food he had to eat. He knew if he was in space, there was a bigger price to pay; so, Taehyung didn't complain as much as he did back on earth. The man opened the meal drawer and took out a black thin packaging with the label “DINNER” right over the bag. Inside consisted of dry steak with a smaller package of soy sauce to put over the steak, dry fruits like oranges, strawberries and grapes. To top it all off, there was a bag of nuts with cashews, peanuts, and almonds with a full bag with juice. However, this juice was very flavorless and had less of a sweet tone to it. The whole meal alone was very bland itself.

          “Jungkook, you should eat something when you're hungry. I know you didn't eat anything back on earth.” The man stated and used his teeth to open the sealed bag of dinner. “I'll share mine with yours in case we run out of food…” Requested the older as Jungkook finally unstrapped himself from the seat and got up to float over to the window. “Take your helmet off, we're safe here with many tanks of oxygen. Don't waste the one in your suit until we find the B248.”

        “You're right…” Jungkook replied. The tone to his plain voice sounded very calm and soft. “I was expecting someone to call me…”

        “Jimin can't call you right now. It must be night time over there! Time goes really fast up here so don't wait for it. Jimin is probably going to call as soon as we reach the B248. So far, I'm not sure the rocket is moving towards it. I guess as soon as our team wakes up, they'll move the B400 towards the B248.” Taehyung added as Jungkook took his helmet off and attached it to a wire so the glass over the helmet wouldn't shatter.

         “Do you feel… A little off? Like an unsettling feeling or such?” Jungkook asked and held onto a bar to stay in place while he watched Taehyung float away and eventually hit a wall. However, he wasn't very bothered by it. He still attempted to remove the bag himself. “You can take your suit off and wander around in your jumpsuit.”

         “Thank goodness! I can't open anything with these gloves.” Bickered the older and within seconds, he slid his hands out of the suit and pulled it open with his hands alone. “To answer your question, I don't really feel off. I feel safe in the hands of our team back on earth. That's the only few we can trust.” Taehyung sounded very calm about everything and he was the last one Jungkook expected to be taking this professionally. “Finally got it open! Here, let's share this.”

          “Fine, only because I'd hate to waste good resources. I can't help but to have this annoying tick on the nape of my neck… It makes me feel like something is wrong.” Jungkook replied and with that, Taehyung did a front flip and pushed himself to Jungkook so suddenly. “Careful! You might hit your head.”

            “I am careful, my Kookie Crunch! Hey, do you want to know why I like having you as my partner on this mission?” Inquired the older astronaut as Jungkook tilted his head and pulled Taehyung closer so he wouldn't float away once again, placing the older's hand over the bar against the wall. “Because, we get to spend so much time together in space! I even get to sleep strapped up next to you!” Taehyung teased as Jungkook then let go of the older and allowed him to float away. “Jungkook! I'm kidding!”

           “You seem to play around like that a lot! I-” Before Jungkook could even finish his own sentence, he heard such a familiar sound call out to him through his own helmet. Almost as if Jimin was calling him. Jungkook desperately kicked the wall and gathered enough momentum to push himself forward. Within seconds, Jungkook grabbed his own helmet and detached it from the wire. “H-Hello?” Sputtered Jungkook desperately as he carried the helmet over to his seat and strapped himself in before switching off the oxygen tank in his suit. “Jimin… Is that you?”