Chapter 13

POV: Jacob King

We were in my Dad's office with Mom, Makayla, Vivian, Maven Chance, and June. Basically everyone that was at dinner last night. Maven and Chance shared a seat. Mom and Dad were standing next to each other, with Dad somewhat sitting on the desk. Me and June were on one of the couches and Makayla and Vivian were in the other.

"So he has powers?" my mother asked Makayla.

"Yes, it's basically like he can enter your mind. Interact with each other like in the real world but he can feel your emotions and manipulate them." she says.

"But why-how does he have this power?" My dad said while hugging my mom.

"It could be that his mate has really bad anxiety or anger issues so the moon goddess gave Jacob the power to help his mate go through it and calm him or her down enough to interact normally in the real world." she paused. " It could also be that it's just because he's a twin. Which may mean that June has it too." June gasps and started to get excited.

"How do we know if June has it too?" Mom ask.

"Well, I felt Jacobs aura or power flow when he entered the room and when I touched his hand and after seeing all of his memories he entered my mind. He saw me and I saw him. But because he hasn't trained his power it's not that strong. So I suggest we have some training lessons at least three times a week." Makayla went off topic and rambled a little bit but after she stopped talking she reached out for June to take it. Makaylas eyes glow red and I turn to June her eyes were her normal color. After a second Makaylas eyes stopped glowing and she let go of Junes hand. "I'm sorry June but you don't have any powers." she said sadly. June sighed and leans against me.

"It's okay. At least now you have something special." She was talking about her wolf. Her wolf had bright emerald green eyes. I've always been jealous. Now I have something to brag about.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Makayla stood up.

"Well, if you guys don't mind," she gestured to my parents and Vivian. "I've got some students to teach. Onward!" she yelled that last part and me and Chance stood up. Makayla kissed Vivian on the cheek before she left and Chance pecked Maven's lips. I walked out with Chance behind me and followed Makayla's scent.

Her scent lead us out to the garden. She was sitting criss-cross applesauce. She had a big grin on her face as she called us over. I looked at Chance as he groaned.

"How can she be so happy all the time?" He said groaning again.

"Same." I said unconsciously. He laughed and pulled me towards Makayla. She started to describe our powers with great detail.

"Jacob, your power is all about your mind. You already know how to visit other people's minds you just have to learn how to manipulate their emotions too. Chance, your powers are magical and physical. Your appearance can be changed while using your powers. And your actual powers need to be conjured from your energy and the energy around you. You can use ice and fire powers. Your powers are like mine except because I only have air and you have two powers, I got a mutation. My wings." she says as HUGE angel like wings unfold from her back. I stare in awe as she stretched out and fluttered a few times. She had bent her knees a little like she was going to do a squat, but then shot up into the sky while spinning like a freaking bullet. Me and Chance stood up and watched in awe as she spun around in the air, bolting left and right, doing dives and flips and shit. After a couple minutes she comes back down. Wind blowing so hard me and Chance tumble to the ground. I groan as I feel a bruise start to form on my side. Chance groans too and sits up with a grunt. We both give Makayla a glare as she lands perfectly and sighs like it was the most laid back time of her life. I scoffed as she sat back down and waved her hands beckoning us.

We go over and sit together as she starts to explain how to use our powers. For Chance he has to imagine the ice or fire or whatever the way he wants it. So she had him make shapes out of ice. At first she just asked him do make circles and squares, and he was doing good and conjured them in seconds. But then she started asking for 3D shapes like spheres and such and he did that pretty well too. After that she said he was done with training but could stay and watch me practice if he wanted to. He did and as Makayla told me about how to use my power he shifted into his wolf and started making snow and having fun. He was a cute pure white wolf. And his eyes...wow June would be jealous. Okay! Back to training.

"All you have to do is think about something that makes you happy or sad or anything you want to make them feel. Then reach into their minds and make them feel your happiness or sadness. Ok. now do that to me, try and make me sad." she said with a big smile. "Well, firs you have to enter my mind. So go ahead." I nodded and touched her hand and entered her mind. I could feel her presence but she didn't make it know.

"Ahh you can do it Jacob." I tried to calm myself as I thought of when my Dog died. Dad got him for me because I was a late shifter and he thought the dog would help me bring out my wolf. It did work and I loved sparky (his name) but just last year he died, he was 13 years old. I felt my sadness radiate around me and I basically reached out to Makayla's mind and pushed my sadness into her being.

I heard crying and I turned around. I saw Makayla on the floor, knees to her chest-crying. We were ripped out of her mind as I let go of her hand. There was a tear on her cheek. She gave me a reassuring smile as she wiped the tear away. "Did I do it?" I asked quietly.

"Yes you did. You used your sadness to make me sad and make me think about things in my life that made me sad. Good job." she said this time giving me an actual smile as her eyes lit up again. "I'm proud of you guys." directing it at me and Chance who was still in wolf form and laying in a pile of snow.

Welp, that was fun.

Thank you guys so much for reading I love you guys so much! GOODBIEEEEE

1,185 words

January 22, 2019