Chapter 3

Gwendolyn POV

I lied on top off him, completely frozen in shock. Why, oh why was the world so cruel to make me bump into this fool? The world must really hate me, seeing as I had not only bumped into the red head but I had also lost sight of dad and knew I had to ask the red head for help. Ugh, why did this day have to go so bad already?

"Ron, are you coming? Blood hell, what did you get yourself into Ron? Don't you know Malfoy will kill you for this?" A familiar voice sounded from behind us. I hurried of the ginger and stood up to brush off my clothes. After I was finished, I looked up only to be met with the sight of an entire family of gingers plus Potter and Granger. 

"Are you alright dear?" A chubby woman came up to me with a worried look on her face. She had the same type of ginger hair as the rest, but it fit her so well. She had a slightly round face adorned with a warm smile. Her eyes were a dark shade of brown and her skin was slightly tanned. I gave her a weak nod to show her that I was ok when I realized it. Mittens was gone! I quickly took a look at the ground near me, but my black kitten was nowhere to be seen.

"What are you looking for, Malfoy?" I heard Granger ask me with disgust in my voice. I turned around to give her a snarky comment back, when I froze. The female Weasley had Mittens in her arms. I could see it that Mittens was not comfortable being there so I decided to act quickly. I pushed the girl back with a magic gust of wind as I leapt forward and brought Mittens back into the comfort of my arms. She quickly pressed herself closer to my chest as my grip on her was strong, but not strong enough to hurt my little baby.

"Leave that kitten alone, Malfoy! She does not need to be hurt by you and your horrific dark magic!" The redheaded girl hissed at me as she tried to retrieve Mittens from my arms.

"Why would I ever give her to you, Weasley? She is my kitten afterwards so I think you should be the one to keep your hands away from her." I spoke in a mad, but cold tone giving the girl shivers down her spine. I opened my mouth to say something more, when an arm wrapped around my waist and a familiar husky voice sounded right next to my ear.

"Do you have a problem with my girlfriend ms. Weasley?" The husky voice of my fabulous boyfriend, Cedric Diggory, was right behind me as he held me close to his body. I looked up at him and saw that he raised his brow at the way the only Weasley girl acted towards me. "Because if you do have a problem, I would gladly like to know it."

"There is no problem here, Cedric. Just a simple misunderstanding, that's all." I told him as I turned around to face him. He had arched his brow towards the girl as his magnificent green eyes locked with mine. A small smile found its way onto his lips before he looked up at the others again. "If there is no problem, I would like to guide Gwendolyn back to her family so she can find a place to sit on the train." With that said he just simply turned around and dragged me with him towards where I last saw my father. 

It didn't take long for us to reach where my dumb ass of a father stood with mom and Drakey. Mom looked like she was about to cry and Draco was looking both furious, sad and scared. Those emotions changed as soon as he saw me.

"GWENY!!!!" Draco yelled as he saw me, and before I knew it I was engulfed in his strong arms. I made sure that Mittens wasn't squeezed to death between us before I decided to hug my brother back. "Mom and I was so worried. Never disappear like that again! Oh, and thank you Cedric for bringing my sister back. I don't know how I can fully repay you for this." Drakey's words made me roll my eyes as he never tended to act like this about anyone else. I did also take a notice on how he didn't say that dad had been worried about me.  Nothing out of normal then.

"It's lovely to see you again Cedric. I would have loved to stay and chit chat, but we got to get these two troublemakers going and into the right compartment and I know their father wants to talk to them before that. So run along now to your friends and expect to see these two at the school." Mom told Cedric with a small smile on her thin lips. Cedric only nodded and pecked my forehead before he ran off to his friends and classmates. I turned around to face dad with Drakey's arms still around me. He gave me a cold glare and opened his mouth to talk.

"I am very disappointed in you Gwendolyn. I would expect from such a smart and mature girl as yourself that you would be able to keep up with us. Seems like you can't even do that simple of a task. Pathetic girl." He scowled at me the entire time. I wanted to lower head so I would look at the ground, but that would be a sign of submission and that would have made everything so much worse. "Don't even dare to answer me, you disgrace. Get on to the train and make me proud for once."

After he said that, he just turned his back on us and left. I already knew that he hated me, but he didn't have to be so straight out about it. I could feel Draco's pitiful gaze on me and I didn't want it. This was nothing new so his reaction shouldn't be special at all. Mom told us both quick goodbyes and pecked our forehead since she had to hurry after dad. He hated it when she didn't follow what he did and we totally understood why she ran after him. She didn't want to be tortured so it is completely understandable. I took a quick breath, grabbed Draco's hand and took my first step onto the Hogwarts Express. This would be a special year.

This is the meme of the chapter:

Words: 1132