Chapter 14

(A/N: Excuse grammar errors! Just wanted to get this out as quickly to you all as possible. Thank you for all your support. It's the comments and excitement from all you readers that really drive me to keep going, so tell your friends about this fic if you think they might like it too! Enjoy! xo)

"Tyrone?"

"C'mon, kid. I'm not your weird paper-twin-thing."

Dipper rubbed the back of his head. "Yeesh, yeah, I forgot about that one."

"I didn't," Bill said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, thanks for that."

"Hmm," Bill pulled at a strand of his hair. "I'm thinking something smooth, like... 'Calliope: Destroyer of Worlds,' or maybe something that rolls off the tongue nice and easy, like 'Charlaxthusyseiounermau.'" At this, he turned to Dipper, "That was my second cousin's name."

"Cousin? Was?"

"Yeah poor guy got his powers taken away and shoved in a bottle. He was supposed to be a replacement for the first one, but things didn't turn out quite how we'd hoped. You can see him if you look hard enough riiiiight," he pointed skyward, "there."

Dipper screwed up his face and repeated, "Cousin?"

"Yeah, like the word. Aren't you supposed to be a nerd or something?"

Dipper turned red. "How am I supposed to know about your family?"

Bill cackled and feigned wiping a tear from beneath his eye. "Ohhh, kid. You're funny. You've seen my brother, my sister, and my first cousin. Or at least statues."

"Really?"

"They got banished to earth. I guess being a traitor runs in the family," Bill shrugged. "Some sandy place, I think. Hot, too."

"You mean like a desert?"

"Well yeah, Dipper; don't be stupid. Anywhere you banish someone is a desert. You're deserting them. Is that where you dumb earth sacks got the name?"

Dipper thought about this before shaking his head. "You're not as in control of everything as you think you are."

Bill hesitated and kicked a twig with his shoe. "Well...maybe not anymore. But I sure used to be. You should have seen the things my pals in the Dreamscape and I got up to. I think Clunky ended up on some earth currency."

"Wait...why do you have such a normal name?"

"Define normal, kid. You're walking in a magical forest with a dream demon who wanted to kill you a year ago." Bill turned to Dipper and shot him his classic toothy smirk. He noted the slightly longer and sharper incisor than typical that Bill seemed to have and his mind wandered briefly to darker things.

He realized where he was and chuckled. "Yeah, I guess."

"Well...what's my name?"

"I don't know...maybe...," Dipper looked around the woods for ideas. "Treeeeeestiiiic-I don't know. How about I go through the alphabet, and you let me know what you want. I'm bad at names."

Bill weighed this in his mind. "Hm...yeah, alright, Pinetree; have a go."

"A."

"No."

"B."

"Ooh..."

"Okay, uh, Ben, Brendan, Bentley, Braedon..." Dipper continued on listing off names, but Bill turned up his nose at every one. Finally, exasperated, Dipper lost his composure. "Come on, Bill!"