Chapter 4

I couldn't get through the rest of the school day without smiling. I was so overly happy. I was going on my first date with a guy that seemed to genuinely care about me! And that date is going to start in about 2 hours!!

AHH!!!! I have to get home!!

I'm so nervous! I wish it could tell the girls, but I know that they would never believe me as one, they have never met E, or even heard of him, so they wouldn't believe me and two, they would say that he probably got dared to ask me out, that no one in their right mind would ever want to ask me out out of free will.

So in spite of myself trying not to worry, I hit up the only friend I have left from my old home town, S. S was such a great friend. I lived 8 houses down from her. She was my closest friend. And it was heartbreaking when I found out I had to move away.

Me - Hey S! I've missed u SO much! Anywho, I've got some pretty big news...

S - Hey girl! I've missed u too!!!!

S - Is the news that ur moving back here? Or are u coming to visit?

Me - Ur not even close hun!😂

Me - I'M GOING ON A DATE TONIGHT!!!

Me - It's my first date ever and I'm so scared! What if I make a complete fool of myself? I'll be so embarrassed and I really like the guy.

S - Just be yourself girl. Let him know the real true you, and not some made up one. Be yourself. Dress like yourself and don't change one bit.

S - AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Me - Thanks hun! That really helped. I’m just so nervous. This guy just has some weird effect on me. He blocks all of the negative thoughts out and replaces them with positive ones :)

S - What negative thoughts? I’ve known u for over 12 years and only now am I hearing that u are having negative thoughts! What r the thoughts J?!? And how long have been thinning these thoughts? Tell me plz, I’m here for u!

Me - listen S, Ik that u r here for me. I’m just not comfortable talking about it. But the good thing is that this guy is helping push those thoughts away.

Me - I hope u understand hun. I trust u. I really do, but I just can’t tell u. I’m sorry, I just can't.

S - It’s completely fine J, Just know that I am here for u. No matter how much u want to share with me, just know that I will listen.

Me - Thanks hun!

Me - Listen, I hate to break this sap fest, but I have to get ready for my date.

Me - Love u!!!! Bye!!!!

S - GOOD LUCK ON UR DATE AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!

S - BYE!!!!!!

With that, I exit messenger, lie down on my bed and attempt to find some music to help me calm down and to make me get ready for my date with E.

Once I finally gain enough energy and strength to get ready, I settle on a oversized bunny hug, skinny jeans, some combat boots. S said to just be me, and what better way to be me, than to dress how I normally dress. I leave my hair down and in its natural waves as I touch up my minimal eye makeup.

I take one last look in the mirror and think that I look alright. I pick up my phone to check the time. 5:30. Just on time.

I make my way out of my room, out of my house, and into my car. As I drive to the ice cream parlour, I start to think if E actually like me. If M, D and P think that I am a nobody, than why wouldn’t he? I am a nobody. Nobody notices me, I don’t belong anywhere, I don’t talk to people, I have so social life, and I am not even pretty. Why would E even want to go on a date with me?

Just as I was going to carry on with listening to the negative thoughts that the voices in my head are always telling me, someone taps on my car window. I jump in my seat frightened. I look to my side to see who scared the hell out of me. And as I do, I am met with a green eyed boy, who is laughing his ass off.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and slowly get out of my car and as I do so, E opens the door  for me and gives me his hand to hold, still sightly chuckling.

“You scared me”, I remarked to him as I teasenly hit his arm.

He ricochets backwards, chuckling while replying, “sorry, but I thought it was funny. And hey, what better way to start off a date, then to start by laughing?”

I slightly shrugged not really knowing how to reply as I try to comprehend that he is still taking in this gathering as a date.

E reaches out to grab my hand, I gladly allow him to and smile up at him as he slowly intertwines out fingers.

I start giggling as I pull us towards the doors of the ice cream parlour, anxious to get this date started.