Chapter Twenty-Five

Damien's P.O.V

"Sh-Shayne..." I uttered, frozen.

He looked at me as if I were a complete stranger. That's when I knew.

Shayne got injected, and whoever injected him might still be in the house.

Shayne pointed the sharp end of the knife down at my chest. I quickly rolled off my bed and fell on the floor, grateful that I always sleep on the edge.

I struggled getting up, since I was tangled in the sheets.

"SHAYNE—listen to me! Put the knife down..."

That's when I remembered Ian's words at the hospital.

Coconut water.

I ran for the door, hoping to lead him out into the kitchen. I heard him jump off the bed and charge at me, so I opened the door as quickly as possible.

He ran out, and I shut the door, locking it. I took deep breaths as I heard the door being stabbed repeatedly.

Then, I heard nothing, which only terrified me more.

Wait...SHIT!

I opened the door until it was ajar. After scanning the hall for any signs of Shayne, I ran downstairs to the living room as fast as I could.

-

Aria's P.O.V

I awoke to the sound of a person's footsteps as they walked up to me.

"Huh?"

I opened my eyes, and saw Shayne hovering over me.

"Why're you up so early?" I asked.

Something was wrong. Shayne didn't look at me the way he normally did. He looked distracted and angry.

"Shayne?" I said, sitting up.

He revealed a knife that was hiding behind his back, and aimed the sharp point at me.

I screamed, and shut my eyes.

After realizing nothing had happened, I reopened them.

Damien had a grip around Shayne's hands that were holding the handle of the knife, preventing it from coming down upon me.

"Damien, what the hell is going on...?" I asked, terrified.

"SHAYNE GOT INJECTED!"

Oh, hell no.

I scrambled off the couch, and frantically looked around for something heavy to knock Shayne out with.

"We have coconut water in the fridge!" Damien shouted.

I sighed. "Well, okay then."

I rushed to the fridge and searched for the water. When I finally found it, I heard Damien cry out in pain.

-

Noah's P.O.V

I woke up, noticing it still dark outside from my window.

I quietly watched Keith, sound asleep with his hand still cupping my cheek.

Unable to fall back asleep, I started to cry.

I didn't know why I was so vulnerable, but these months working at Smosh had been intense, being unable to know who could be the next person to fall victim under the injections.

After everything that's happened, I still managed to find someone I can wake up next to. Someone I can love no matter the cost.

"What's wrong, babe?"