Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Three days passed since the day I talked to Cameron at the park. Tonight is Prom.

I zipped up my strapless black high-low dress as I sat back down in my vanity.

I already all my make up except the mascara. I leaned in closely to the mirror and applied a layer of mascara in both lashes. Just as I closed the bottle of mascara, my phone vibrates and Cameron's name appears on the screen.

"Hey Kate. I'm downstairs in your living room." his text reads. He's been calling me Katie since elementary.

"K. I'll be right down." I respond.

I go to my closet and got my silver heels.

I sat down on my bed and slipped on my heels that I got from Aldo.

I stood up and went over to my mirror as I examined if my makeup and loose waves hair was perfect. I took my purse from my bed and head to the door.

I walked down to our swirled stairs which led to the living room.

"Hey." Cameron looks up from his phone as he noticed my appearance.

"Hi. Are you ready?" I walk to the sofa and sat next to him.

"Yea. You look amazing Kate." He smiles.

"You too Cam." I gave him that nickname after he gave mine and also because his mom calls him that.

"I'm just going to tell my mom were leaving okay?" I stood up and head to the kitchen.

As I walked to the kitchen, I see my mom making salad.

"Oh my god. Katherine you look beautiful." She says to me with a big smile on her face.

"Thank you. And mom were gonna head to Prom. We'll be back in a few hours or so." I fiddled with my fingers. I always do that when I talk to someone. I don't know why.

"Okay have fun. I love you." She smiles again.

"I love you too." I smile back at her while I make my way to the living room.

I called Cameron and he stands up while saying "Goodbye Mrs. Evans" on our way out to the front door.

He took his car keys from his pocket and unlocked his car then opened the passenger seat for me as I thanked him.

He hopped in to the drivers seat and turned the key in the ignition starting the car.

The whole ride was quite noisy. He kept making weird noises and it instantly makes me laugh. We played music and sang along. I don't even know, were spontaneous. He makes me smile even when I'm sad.

When the song finished, he pulled up to the front of the school and locked the car. He opened the door for me again because he is a gentleman.

"Thank you very much Mr. Dallas." I smiled.

"My pleasure Ms. Evans" he says as he held my hand with a smile on his face.

"Just remember to act like my boyfriend around him." i say.

" This is risky but Anything for my best friend". He responds with a smile on his face. He held my hand as we walked to Prom.