Prologue

"They're hatching! They're hatching!!" Qibli whispered excitedly, clutching Winter's ice-cold arm. The IceWing jerked at the warm touch.

"Hey! Don't grab me, Qibli," Winter hissed at the SandWing, his eyes fixed on the silver eggs in front of them.

Kinkajou fluttered her excited lemon-yellow wings, accidentally smacking Turtle's shoulder. "Ooh! What are you going to name them, Moon?" she asked Moon, her sap-green eyes gleaming.

Moon shrugged. "I'm not quite sure. I think I will name one after Luna; I miss the SilkWing," she replied, her wistful look on her dark face.

Chestnut, her Jade Winglet clawmate a few years back, gasped softly. "Look, Moon! The first one's coming through!"

One of the silver eggs were cracking open, and a small talon poked through, wriggling and trying to slice away the egg shell.

"I wish Foe—Hope was here. But she's busy with Queen Glory at an important negotiation with the MudWings," Moon said.

Peacemaker nudged her. "That's okay. I'm here! I can tell my mother everything that happened!"

Winter cast a questioning glance at Peacemaker. He and Peacemaker himself were the only ones who weren't completely clear about what happened to Darkstalker. All Peacemaker knew was that Hope had hidden him with a RainWing family when the entire Darkstalker thing happened. Winter... was still kept out of the little "secret club of Jade Winglet".

Crack. Crunch.

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH—"

"Qibli!"

"S-Sorry! Just, look at that! Ahh! Ahh?? I've never learnt how to be a dad! I never even had a dad! Let me panic! Ahhh!!" The SandWing kept on squealing in a whispering way, which made him sound as if he were wheezing.

A little head popped out of the first egg when the second began wobbling with the kicking inside it. Turtle lit up his stripes to let the other dragons see the dragonet.

The little dragon had bright golden scales, just like Sunny. But her horns were green, a bit like Luna's scales.

"Do you guys think I should name her after Luna? Should I? Should I?"

"Whoa, Moon, chill," Peacemaker laughed, patting the dark green dragon's shoulder.

With both of the parents hyperventilating, the rest of the watching dragons switched their sight on the second hatching egg. It was rocking violently and being kicked furiously until the shell practically burst.

A cute little sandy white dragonet bust out of the egg, grunting as he rolled on the leafy forest floor. He also had teardrop scales near his greenish eyes like his mother, expect his were dark-colored, not silver. Those indicated that the dragonet had prophecy powers.

"Aww! They're so cute!" Kinkajou cooed at the newborn dragonets, who squeaked gleefully at her and tried to grab the RainWing's snout to eat.

"Hey, hey, hey! No eating your mother's best friends!" Kinkajou said sternly.

Peacemaker perked up. "Hey, I have some strawberries!" he announced, digging in his pouch for some of his favorite berries.

Turtle laughed. "'Course you do."

The sandy dragonet mashed the jewel-red fruit into his jaws happily. The gold dragonet tried to clamber over to have a taste of the interesting new pyramids. 

After Moon had stopped talking to herself about what she should name the golden dragonet (she had her face buried in Chestnut's warm red-brown wings so she didn't know her other dragonet had hatched), the dragonets finally received their names.

"O-Okay. So, I think maybe Lunakeeper for the golden dragonet. After the SilkWing who was blown over here and after my mother," Moon said, a look of longing on her pretty dark face. Her mother couldn't make it today, and Luna the SilkWing had returned to the distant continent.

"Qibli, what are you going to name the other one?" Turtle asked, trying to swallow a laugh when he saw the frozen SandWing's widen black eyes and horror-stricken face. Qibli was still clutching Winter with an iron-steel grip despite the cold of the IceWing's scales.

"Qibli? Hello?"

Winter gave himself a violent shake, and Qibli blinked. "Yea-what?"

Peacemaker and Kinkajou burst into uncontrollable giggles, collapsing into each other. Turtle snickered. Winter rolled his eyes and mouthed, "Seriously mature".

"Oh, yes. Uh. Uh?? I dunno. His green eyes remind me of cacti. Cactus. Yes. That."

"Oooh, nice names," Chestnut commented, smiling warmly at the newborn dragonets. Lunakeeper reached up and grabbed the MudWing's snout.

Moon noticed that and tried to pry her off. "No no no, Lunakeeper. Stop that. You'll hurt her!"

Just then. In Lunakeeper's mind, futures branched out and she could tell that this phrase would be repeated some time later. She didn't care just now; she was just born and all she should care about was whether if Peacemaker was going to give her more strawberries.